Is this reason enough to want to be re-instated to JW?

I ran into two older ladies (active Jehovah's Witnesses) in the mall. I grew up with their kids, and spent many hours as a child in their homes. They have both been disfellowshipped in the past. I told them I was disfellowshipped before we started to talk, I never want to be accused of being misleading. They didn't seem to care, as they were just so happy to see me. They asked me if I would be returning, I said "I left the watchtower society, not Jehovah". I proceeded to tell them all that I had learnt recently regarding the hypocricy of the tower, but they said "oh, don't pay attention to that, the talk is now only half an hour long and they are doing away with bookstudies. What a great time to return!" I was quite shocked and proceeded to tell them WHY bookstudies are being done away with. They didn't seem to pay too much attention. I also was approached by an elder, who knows I am d/f and asked me for my address. I refused to give it and explained why I do not wish to return. He, too, did not wish to hear what I was saying and told me that it is a good time to return, since I have a 2 year old and the talk is now only 1/2 an hour long and there will be no more bookstudies. Seriously, is less meeting time a good reason to return?

Yes, pie would have been nice... lol!

Favorite Answer

No, shorter meeting length is not a GOOD reason but it is, admittedly, a reason that has apparently motivated many.

There are anecdotal reports that these relatively small changes have moved many to request reinstatement with the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. For 2008, the United States has just reported a new peak of 1,105,789 active Witnesses, which is more than 2% increase over 2007. The typical increase in the United States is about 1% annually.

While the questioner has apparent theological differences with Jehovah's Witnesses, the fact remains that the majority of disfellowshippings concern sexual immorality. A person who abandons his sinful course and repentantly requests reinstatement will likely find the congregation delighted to consider his request.. ..

• Petey

Remember that JW New World Translation is a book that has much added onto from the Bible. JW's are wonderful people but really have put themselves into a bondage by this book altering

Rev 22:18 States: For I testify unto every man that hereth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book: of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things written in this book.

Now if you ask me, there's really no other way to take that other than dead seriously. Tower totally changed the gospel of John. Both took away and added to accommodate the belief.

Do you really wish to be cursed with such a thing stated in the Bible.

You might not study the book as much but it is the gospel and the way of the JW. Have you ever considered the ORIGINAL Holy Bible? The unadulterated scriptures and the pure faith of Christianity?

Jesus is not Archangel Michael you see. It doesn't say that in the original scriptures. Don't feel bad though please. It is not your fault.

Hey look, The Mormons believe Satan is Jesus's brother! LOL Talk about a false gospel! Don't know how in or out of the world Joey Smith came up with that in 1954!

LOL wow. They move pretty quickly to that "what can you do for me" thing, don't they? Dismissive immediately if you're not going to go along with their plan. But hey! They tried, with that whole 1/2 meeting.

Now if they were smart, like Baptists, they'd have sweetened the deal with pie.

Mmmmm, Pie.

Nope. Same bull, condensed in 30 mins.