Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Anyone ever experience this?

Okay, so i'm 17 weeks pregnant. This morning I woke up and had to urinate so bad it was almost painful. I had to pass stools as well, and that was rather painful as well. It was in my lower abdomen area where the baby seems to be. I have had a lot of round ligament pain so i'm pretty sure that wasn't it.

I have not had any bleeding my entire pregnancy. And I am NOT having a miscarriage. I have a digital doppler and I listened to the heartbeat a few hours later, it was still a strong 150 per minute heartbeat.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I'm concerned this may be a UTI. (I've had one already early in my pregnancy) I go to the Gynecologist Thursday.

It sounds very much like a UTI...but it could also be a bladder infection. Normally you will get UTI during pregnancy, its nothing new, My best friend had 15 uti's during her pregnancy. Just drink lots of water or cranberry juice and it should help with the pain. :3

Call your OBGYN and tell him your symptoms. When you talk to the nurse, be your emotional true self. Thursday is too far away considering your history, etc. Demand an earlier meeting based on a medical emergency. You'd really be bothered if you didn't do everything you could when you experiencing distressing symptoms, don't you think?

All the best