is syria a good country to travel ?

we are a family ,we would like to go to syria and see damascus ,stay there for 1 week . is it a safe country ? does it have many places to see for tourists ? does anyone know about damascus and its historical places ?

please give me your advices ! Thank you !

• dandyl
    Favorite Answer

Tourist facilities are widely available, but vary in quality depending on price and location. The workweek in Syria is Saturday through Thursday. The U.S. Embassy is open Sunday through Thursday.A passport and a visa are required. Visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Syria. Entry to Syria is not granted to persons with passports bearing an Israeli visa or entry/exit stamps, or to persons born in the Gaza region or of Gazan descent. Entry into Syria via the land border with Israel is not possible. Foreigners who wish to stay 15 days or more in Syria must register with Syrian Immigration by their 15th day in Syria.

You have posted this question in the wrong section, as pointed out Israelis are not allowed to visit, so as a result people cant comment on there visit

here is a website that will guide you

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Middle_East/S...

Yes its a great trip i could spend a week in Damascus alone

You have to go see the Umayyad Mosque its beautiful

And good thing a lot of people speak English in the markets and stuff so don't worry if your Arabic is bad

Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus Check it out its factual

Why this is in the Israel section i do not know.

Seeing as i have Israel stamped on my passport an X amount of times i wouldn't be allowed in.

But given the opportunity and if everything was safe for a zionist to go, i would take the opportunity.

Source(s): If i was allowed to enter more arab countries around Israel's region i would be a richer, more diverse person.

I have been to Damascus twice in my life and it is wonderful.

Very safe and very original.

The second time I was there, it was with my family and we drove all the way from the Lebanon.

The people are very friendly too..

I highly recommend this trip for a family.

bye bye

PS. Don't forget to stop on the way to Damascus and pick up some pebbles from the ground. They are supposed to be blessed and bring good luck to you you and your family.

Syria has a lot of nice historical sites. But I wouldnt recommend women going there since the men seem to think it's ok to grab womens private parts right in public and the cops arnt really interested in stopping it.

Id go to syria, but id probably end up getting shot for running my mouth about how much islam sucks.

Yes...................

Good luck for your journey