Elvis asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I have major depression and can't find a counsuler, -please give me some advice?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

read the Bible...out loud...it helps to get rid of the Spirit of Depression, which is what you feel when the depression sweeps over you...its like a bad spirit, and is meant to do just that, to depress you, to destroy you...sound familiar? but really, if you pick up the Bible and begin to read it out loud, that thing will really go away...you can tell it to go, in the Name of Jesus Christ, and it has to flee...it may come back very quickly, but don't give up, keep reading. Read about Gods promises of a "sound mind" . check out that link, it talks about the sound mind, because it is one of the enemy's favourite playgrounds :) God Bless

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check out some books from the library on depression. Visit depression forums on the internet. Read as much as you can about how to help yourself. Take care of your physical health. Make yourself exercise for at least 30 minutes every day that you can. Drink plenty of water and lay off soft drinks, caffeinated drinks, starchy foods, junk food, fried foods, and those sorts of things. Get yourself into a routine. Maybe take a small part time job and use it to get a schedule going. Then again, if you're already working and have a lot going on, make more time to relax. Surround yourself with people. On the weekends or days off in general, force yourself to get up and take a shower. If nothing else, at least go get breakfast or do something that gets you dressed, out of the house, and into the sunshine. I hope you feel better soon.

• 1 decade ago

i have ocasional depression, more so brake downs evey couple weeks, i do keep a journal, but it can make me sad, i think you should write you thoughts on paper then burn the paper so tht it gets rid of that negative thought, and try doing things that make you feel happy, surround yourself in supportive people and try to change.

• 1 decade ago

exercise - increases seratonin levels and can help combat depression.

But seriously, if you are suffering from depression you should seek professional help - it is a serious disease and should be taken seriously.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

start writing... in a journal, here, online, etc. It's a good way to get your thoughts out and to let go of some of your thoughts.

good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you need to find a cousellor. like straght away.

you can rign hotlines aswell. or ask more quesitons on here to help, email some one, talk to a friend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.