Did talk radio hurt or help McCain?

Hanitty, Rush, Liven.....

Favorite Answer

It hurt him because they carried on with the same negativity that the majority of Americans (and the media) seemed to be rejecting over the last few weeks of the campaign.

It wasn't working...so what was their answer? Get nastier? Sure...how'd that work out for them?

• Calvin

It helped him as much as it could. McCain was trying to win over conservatives that really could not stand him, and trying to win Democrats which already had a candidate for office. It was lost before it began.

I think they put him in a bad position starting out. Largely because of the work they did against him early on, he had to go to great lengths to shore up the Republican base, which cost him voters in the center.

The media hurt McCain badly. It was so biased it was totally unbelievable.

TV, radio and the likes of Sarah palin sealed his coffin of loss.

Gosh! I wish someone will tell her to SHUT UP for at least 2 years so that she can learn about internal and external affair.

• Edg1

I think it helped him as far as it went.Most of us were for someone else like Huckabee or Romney or Paul early on. I still think if Huckabee had better media we would be saying "President elect Huckabee" right now.

More like the 'Get drunk and vote for McCain' group hurt him.

Source(s): some dude

He hurt himself and others for being racist. May God forgive him.

what does it really matter the better man won