Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Questions for MAC cosmetic experts!!!?

1) what is the mineralized skinfinish? and what does it do?

2) what do you think of the Select Tint SPF 15 foundation????

3) if you could only have one MAC item.. what would it be?

4) are MAC paintpots or shadesticks better for a eyeshadow base???

Favorite Answer

-Mineralize Skinfinish is one of my favorite products!!!!

I am actually wearing the loose powder now, and it is so easy to use, and all you need is the puff. MAC has expanded their MSF line from the amazing cheek color (like Porcelain Pink, Shimpagne, Las Vegas, etc) to the foundation which comes in a pump. Light finish, medium coverage, absolutely fantastic. I recommend this if you want a GLOW to your face, but remember to matte out the outer corners of your face with the loose powder so you don't look like a frost bitten disco dancer.

-This is an older type of foundation from MAC, although serves a very practical purpose. I use this during the summer when I don't want or need heavy coverage. It dries down nicely, so you don't have a lot of shine on the face. Plus, it has the extra SPF. I would recommend this with the Prep and Prime Skin to insure staying power.

-I have to have BLACK ZOOMLASH!!!! My lashes are okay on their own, but the zoomlash is the best mascara I have ever owned. I recently bought the Dazzlelash, which I love, but just one coat of the zoom doe the trick! I always love the pigments, I collect them like prized jems.

This answer depends on what you want to do with your eye. Do you want a pop of fantastic color or something that provides staying power? The paintpots aren't as dry as the paint tubes, but keep your eyeshadow streak free for 8-12 hours. You can even sleep in it and wakeup with a great eye.

Shadesticks are more for their color. I would layer swimming eyeshadow on top of the corn shadestick and have an awesome olive golden eye, then put a darker matte green in the crease. You just have to be sure you blend blend blend!

I take my 3rd question back. YOU HAVE TO HAVE MAC BRUSHES! If you don't, your applications will never work. A MAC brush is your best friend!

Source(s): MAC ARTIST, 5 years!

1) It is a mineral powder which you can use as a foundation or as setting powder after all you makeup.

2) Its good for the beach because it moisturizes and protects as well as give you pretty decent coverage.

3) Um I like a lot of MAC products( Pigments, paintpots, blot powder etc) but if you have to ask me to choose. I will choose the MAC 217 brush because this is a HG for all eyeshadows and it doesn't need to be MAC eyeshadows.

4) I like paintpots better because they have more staying power for people like me who have oily eyelids and eyeshadows always creases for me. Paints are also not bad.

Hope this helps, xo!

1) MSF is basically a highly frosted face powder that helps either set the makeup or can be used to highlight areas you want to emphasize, it also comes in natural(w/o frost) or duo(with both)

2)ST is AWESOME!!!!!! Its tinted moisterizer, but it has good coverage, still looking natural! It keeps the skin soft and hydrated, and its oil free!

3)I LOVE so may of the products, the pigments are a MUST!! You can use them as powder, or use them with mixing medium(which is another fav) to make a liquid form, or put a little bit on a dish and mix with clear nailpolish and create your own signature shades!!! I also love the Fix+, its technically a toner, but it is SO much more, you can spray it throughout the day to refresh, it is cooling and calming, and has cucumber, chamomile, and CAFFINE!!!! So cool!!

4)Both are good! Paint pots are more intense in color and dry matte, the shadesticks are more sheer, and creamy, and stay a little shinier!

Hope that helped!!

Source(s): I am a MAC Makeup Artist

I'm not an expert so I CAN'T answer all of those questions...

But...

if there was one thing I could buy from MAC (and I actually can) it would be their eyeshadow.

Haha I'm actually going there tomorrow to buy eyeshadow and maybe some more ;)