How strong is your faith?

Just humor me when I say "pretend". Pretend that you are a devoutly religious to your faith. If another God, different from your own, appears in front of you and perform all these miracles, would you follow that other God? Etc...St. Thomas is to Jesus Christ.

• Favorite Answer

It's completely nonexistent.

____

Any faith or belief based on religious teachings will remain as faith or belief only and they will change their belief and faith at any miracle they see. They will go for another gods if opportunity arise.

But, true faith is the first step of spiritual life and as its growth will end up in realization of what he/she believed. Every knowledge is leading us to the ultimate realization of a Creator behind all creations. When man succeeded in cloning, it also tells us that it was possible for our Creator as well. The cloned cell is not man's creation. A day will come when man will create that cell too from a non-biological particle. Then, together with the success of science, we have to admit that this was all possible for someone on the past and He can be our creator as well.

True faith has nothing to change in its path. Miracles may happen from any one and many new concepts will come and go. But true faith or belief will grow to the level of realization.

The GOD concepts should be explored by individual, not by other person.

Religion is personal. Once you get your faith, no other thing can influence your belief.

Please explore the religion you believe or not and finally you will conclude by yourself, this is correct and this is wrong.

You must use your judgment before you make any decision to choose your faith.

I don't have any faith at all.

If hypothetically a god arrived and started doing extraordinary miracles in front of thousands of people, that would be the evidence I needed, and I would definitely start acknowledging its existence, no matter which god it was. (Unless it was just a fraud, of course..)

Not that such a thing is ever going to happen, though..

Other than as a thought experiment, I mean.. =)

Odd question. If a person experienced an incontrovertible sign of god and wonder and miracle and all that kooky stuff, I imagine their faith would cease to be a factor anymore, whether they were a faithy beforehand or not.

It certainly would allow the faithy to say to me "I TOLD you so!"

Well, I don't know about Christianity, but in Islam, it is permitted to just embrace another religion for the sake of your own life. But never from your heart, because your God is All-Knowing, All-Seeing. And I would die, but never give up from my heart.

That would simply back up what I already believe:

2 Thess. 2:9

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

• nicko

Then I would think if that's a 'god' or something more sinister. Things can't be taken at face value.

I must not have faith the size of a mustard seed since I can't move mountains.

I have complete faith in my God's and Goddess's, I would not change faith.

In what? In Who?

In an alleged "God"...no faith at all, it hasn't manifested itself in my life in any tangible form, how can I have faith in something that will not make itself known?