My boyfriend called me a dumb b*tch?

in a fight so I slapped him in the face and he shut up, but he didn't apologize. I shouldn't have hit him, but I was so incredibly p*ssed at him. My friends ALL are telling me that it wasn't a big deal and I shouldn't have hit him. I was like, are you kidding me??? How is that not a big deal?

Am I stupid or was that totally inappropriate for him to say? In some ways I feel like it was justified for me to hit him...

Favorite Answer

You have some very strange friends.

Ok so he called you the Big B word. I say that he is childish at best. Having to resort to name calling is really immature in relationships. It's used to replace meaningful and constructive communication that should be happening. And Since he was unable to do that easy task, he had no choice but to drop a B bomb. Your partner should be able to talk to you about anything and everything. Even about his emotions. That's right, guys have emotions too, even if it is hard to let it all out, it still needs to happen...if he really trusts and loves you.

ok so you hit him...Maybe you shouldn't have given him the good old palm salute. Instead I would have shown him the door. Your guy needs to be able to talk to you. Not drop 4-5 letter words that will hurt you. It obviously hurt you, to be called by the Big B word and yet he said nothing? Ok so, he can't trust you enough with his emotions and then he is heartless? Need I say more?

Excuses:

1) we were fighting, people do that.

A: if by people you mean by lovers, then no. If he really loves you and trusts you then he will be able to say whats on his mind and heart.

2) But, when you are fighting, you get heated up.

A: Of course you do, its only natural. But is it natural to call you lover names and hurt them and then not apologize? yeh I didn't think so. time to show this little dog the door.

I'd get out ASAP. Unless of course you want that little word to grow into a backhand or worse.

My advise is to free up your friday nights, get that nice little red dress in the window and go soulmate searching.

Best wishes,

-okino

Source(s): Brenhart, Greg (He is just not that into you)

Wow isn't your relationship the most loving kind in all the world. I mean first your bf gets so mad in a fight he calls you a dumb b-i-t-c-h and then you slap the hell out of him and he is still your bf. All I have to say is end this relationship as soon as possible. Because regardless of how mad either bf or gf get in a fight there should never be such low name calling as what he did, and it should never turn physical on either person's part. You need to end things now, not tomorrow, but now. Not even if he apologizes. Because if you guys keep this up, it could head into domestic violence territory down the road and you don't need that in your life.

Ignoring the context of the argument.

It was wrong for him to say that, however it does NOT justify you hitting him. Think about it, if you had called him the same thing would it have justified him slapping you?

If it was okay for you to hit him. It can be okay for him to hit you back. Do you think so too?

I guess you should have just stuck to verbal abuse like he did rather than going and hitting him. What if he really did hit you back? I do agree he should have apologized, but I think you should have too.

This relationship is going to go down hill if you two keep being so violent.

• Ontou

that was very wrong of him! yes, it was wrong of you to slap him too. Its a big deal to me. If a guy called me that, wow! and if he didnt apologize, I'd dump him. I'd apologize for hitting him, but also expect an apology from him!!

He must of felt like he was backed in to a corner. He may have just said it to end the confrontation. Either way, hitting him was the worst way to react to words.

You both need to apologise, him for calling you a dumb ***** and you for slapping him. You may have to apologise first - just tell him you're sorry you slapped him but being called that really upset you. If he doesn't apologise for calling you it you may want to think about dumping him.

• Marc M

Why are the two of you boyfriend/girlfriend? With the verbal and physical abuse going on, I think you should both start dating other people immediately, and you both need to learn respect for the opposite sex before you do so.

no offence but he sounds like a d*** u had everyright to be angry with him but your lucky he didnt get even angrier n try to take a swing at you for it

you our a dumb *****

and i wish he would of slapped you back ... i love women that hit men and then whine and cry when they get slapped back