why do people answer with 4 or 5 paragraphs,do they think it makes them seem smarter?

most of it is cut and paste anyway-less is more people

Favorite Answer

It's because they might actually have something to say.

• cat

I'm with Lily. It just comes naturally to blurt out a whole lot of text. A lot of answers don't give many details and repeat the same idea. I don't think expanding on the subject if you think that would be more helpful to the asker means you're a smarty-pants. I do find it difficult to be concise and I'm sure that being longwinded is undesirable to some extent. But I myself enjoy detailed answers. To me it's more associated with effort than intelligence. And I don't cut and paste either. I like writing.

• Erika

all of them made me snort, sir! In an suited vein to your question, would you kindly upload here 'clever ' comic tale on your sequence, as area of my answer? 'clever' - and the different be conscious - extremely be conscious! it is approximately nicely-liked great-heroes. Superman grow to be flying over Gotham city, no longer having plenty to do, while he observed down under Wonderwoman sunbathing bare on a penthouse roof. "i'm in there!" he concept. He swooped down, and along with his Superman powers, made like to her a hundred circumstances in ten seconds - and then flew away! Wonderwoman had felt some thing and wakened. She cried out aloud, "What grow to be that?" "i do no longer comprehend," stated The Invisible guy, "yet my bum's hurting like hell!"

Because they try to give the best answers so they can get the 10 or 15 points.

Source(s): It's simply dude.

I like to write detailed answers personally - and I definitely don't cut and paste.

But I'm also a writer, who's rather obsessed with details, and can tend to write a bit much. :P So I guess that has something to do with it.

They are probably just trying to be clear and concise. Some of us act like we don't understand plain English, so others may try and break it down so there will be no chance of misunderstanding.

I see nothing wrong with long paragraphs as long as they are helpful and stick to the subject.

Heh, depends on the question... sometimes a couple words suffice, and sometimes you need to get into detail.

Source(s): I only have one topic I cut and paste on... and it is because the same exact question gets asked at least 5 times a week on Yahoo Answers.

Those same people would talk your ear off if you met them. I know what you mean, they should make it short and to the point.

that drives me insane, as soon as i see that it's "next please, i ate my freakin' smarties this morning d*ckhead"