Jason B asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

how much does a 200litre tank cost?

i have a 5.7 litre tank and i got told it was way to small so i think it is time to up grade

• .
    Favorite Answer

Since you are using liters I assume you aren't in the US but to give you a general idea in the US you can generally get a 55 gal (208 liter) kit with tank, lights, filter, net, thermometer and a feed sample for $100 or less on sale. A cheaper wrought iron stand would also generally run under $100 with a nicer wooden stand running closer to $250. Beyond that you would need a heater, substrate and any plants or decorations you would need to put into it. So low end (kit, heater, cheap stand, substrate and a few cheap fake plants) you are looking at about $250.

I had a 150 litre (40 gal) so 200 litres is close to 50 gals and i only paid 20 Australian dollars for it. But i know it would be a whole lot more if you bought it brand new, like $600 for the tank stand and hood. then theres the filter and a few bags of rocks or sand.....

I think maybe you should take a step not a leap and start with a much smaller tank. I know aquaone tank kits are cheap. A 28 litre one will set you back bout 30 bucks and thats with filter rocks and food, Not to mention warranty. They go up in the kits by about 10 litres.

Also remember anything over about 180 litres and the glass needs to be thicker so youll be paying a lot more for a 200 then a 180.

Anyway hope i helped, best of luck Angel.

• ?

In our local pet store in the UK A 136 litre tank with hood included costs £300-400. The more glass used in a tank the price will be much higher,and so a 200 litre tank would probably cost £500-600.

I think it depends on the brand of the tank! If you get a cheap one it may cost around 89 Euros . The more expensive ones could cost about 100

a 200ltr.tank only suggests total amount of water volume,not actual tank size.the cost all depends on how much you are willing to fork out.a brand new set up would cost a lot more than a second hand one.if you are thinking about marines,then the cost would much greater.

Tank alone without it being a set might be around $50.00

Are you trying to be funny Angel? I'm not living or have ever lived in the US. So I was thinking in metric and what it would sell in Canadian Dollars LOL

No no these people are wrong i worked in the aqaurium trade befor i became a vet.

the cost would be around 100.

depends on the store owner.

Source(s): vet aqaurium

it would be around 65-70 gal tanks....

costs around 600 and above with stands....