Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 1 decade ago

Am I the only lawyer who hates my job?

I really don't want to go to work today.

Criminal defense pays extremely well.. but it's driving me insane.

• Favorite Answer

Apparently not, when I was in high school my AP European history teacher was an ex-corporate lawyer for a major company. According to Mr. H, he woke up one morning and realized he hated his job, nd qould much rather be teaching. The cool part is that he was the best teacher I have ever had.

Don't feel pregnant. I've met a few others who felt the same way. It may have something to do with thinking a career promising big bucks would be entirely fulfilling. Reminds me of a Beatles song, (money) "Can't Buy Me Love."

With me it's different. Half my cases are pro bono, or at least that's the way they turn out. But I feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Source(s): I practice administrative law, mostly for someone who can't afford a bar lawyer but who really needs someone. My cases are mainly in the areas of work place discrimination, music royalties, and sexual harassment and investigation.

Nope I think 80% of Americans hate their jobs. Why not do something you love? Its the money isn't it? Because thats what's keeping a lot of workers in their positions...the money. But I think happiness is more important than money so If working at something else will make you happy and give you decent money then I think you should go for it, instead of torturing yourself at work.

• Andre

You're not alone. Lawyers who hate their jobs are the rule rather than the exception. The nature of the profession lends itself to discontent, stress, and resentment.

No, I don't think you are the only one. Have you ever considered going into teaching at a local law school?

What is it you dislike about your job?