Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Isn't tuna a good christmas gift to a big kitten?

Favorite Answer

Only if you want to kill it. Tuna is actually VERY bad for cats - read the link below.

A better gift would be time with you spent playing with it. Buy tinsel/feather wands, Da Bird of the Cat Catcher toy - cats LOVE to play with toys that their owners make move!

I read the link that Percy posted, it seems a bit biased. It seemed anti-meat in its presentation. I've always understood that it was not something that you give your cat all the time, but from your question it seems like it's not a very typical treat for your cat. I would never want to give advice that would hurt a cat in anyway, but I don't think it'd be a problem to give your cat tuna on occasion. If you're worried about it, call up the vet, it'd take about 1 minute to get an answer, and they're not going to charge you anything.

In small amounts when it gets older. Tuna doesn't have the fat content kittens need... and if you give tuna to a kitten, that kitten will stick it's nose up to any other type of wet cat food when older.

• LISA

Yes in small quantities.If it is a young kitten because it is more sensitive give it light foods such as chicken or dry good quality foods.Cats like also fresh fish which is a perfect choice

I don't know about Tuna, I'm getting my cats a LitterMaid cat box for Christmas...okay, okay so it's more for me...but I'm not gonna tell THEM that! :oD