Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Question about a certain Sin?

what does it literally mean to sew discord among brethren. Example?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok very good question! In Proverbs 6:14;19 the word discord is two seperate no in the back of my Concordance in Hebrew. The two #'s are 4066 for 6:14 maw-dohn'; it states a contest or quarell:---- brawling, contention strife ( in other words fighting) 4090 is medawn' a form of 4066 discord, strife; the websters dictionary says lacking accord harmony which is simply not getting along. Say someone is drunk and is at Church, A drunk man doesn't have the same since ability as a sober man so drunk man under the influience of alcohol or illegal drugs doesn't hav the same thought process as man sober there for if not extremely careful could lead to fight dicsord, Please all have a Blessed Day and please Remenber also John 14:6 Jesus said I am the way the truth and the Life no one can come to the Father except by Me! I try to remind all of he world that Jesus is the only way to heaven so you won't de and burn in an eternal hell Luke16:19-32 God Bless

Source(s): The Holy Bible and Concordance; websters Dictionary
  • 1 decade ago

To sew discord means to cause active quarreling, strife, lack of agreement or disrupt harmony within the Christian believers or any people. This is a sin Galatians 5:20.

Godspeed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, you locate a bunch of goddesses and sneakily throw in a golden apple with an inscription saying "to the prettiest".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can't sew dis cord among brethren. You don't have enough cord!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

strife, anger doubt, jealousy. putting a brother down.

Source(s): BIBLE.COM
  • Mystro
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

- Start trouble, Gossip Rumors encouraging disagreements, etc. etc ... evil activity ... actions of demonic inspiration ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.