GIF files wont play under my picture gallery on my computer. why? ?

i cant play GIF's on my windows vista, but i transferred some gifs from my old laptop that has windows XP where they would play. now on my vista it does'nt do shait... so... i kinda feel like vista is just another mistake...

anyone know what i can do to play these gif's on vista?

why did it work on XP picture viewer but doesn't take work on Vista?

• Ben
    Favorite Answer

Gifs often don't animate in image viewers or image editors. They are intended for websites. Try opening them using an Internet browser like Opera or Firefox.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axdns

Make sure that your playback and recording devices are listed exactly the same. So go to your control panel, chose Sounds & Audio, go to the Audio (tab). Make sure both playback and recording are using the same device. If you need to change anything, make sure to click APPLY button first then click OK. Test your sound. Still No Sound ? Right click on MyComputer from the desktop icon or the start menu. Chose Properties then Hardware (tab), click the Device Manager button. Scroll down the list to the topic of Sound / Video and Game Controllers and expand it open so you can see what is listed. If you believe that the audio drivers are installed on your system. Locate your Audio driver in the list. Here are some examples of names of audio drivers... <example> Legacy Audio Driver. <example> AC 97' Audio Controller <example> SB Live Series! <example> C-Media Audio Controller Find your specific Audio Driver file, right click on it and Un-install / Remove it. (the Audio driver should be one of the only items in the list that has the "Un-install / Remove" option under the right click.) **WARNING *** Do not remove any of the video or audio Codec's**. Restart the computer and Windows should come back up and say it has found new hardware and Windows will install the software. Your sound should then work. If your sound still does not work, you might have to go to your computers manufactures website,(such as Dell, Compaq, Emachine sites). Choose their Support and Drivers section. Put in your make and model of your computer and bring up the list of drivers. Look for your sound driver, download it, install it and follow the programs on screen directions. Good Luck

vista picture viewer doesn't view animations. Right click the gif and select open with. Click on internet explorer and then it will work.