Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Dems ONLY: What SHOULD and what WILL the Illinois Governor do about Obama's Senate seat?

Do you think he is politically or morally bound to appointing a minority to that position. What if the best person for the job is a White Male? Is it more important for the Gov to appoint someone who can hold the seat for the Party in the next election, or is it more important for him to appoint someone with Obama's demographic? What do you think he should do and what do you think he WILL do? Will Obama have a say? I want the thoughts of Democrats here.

Update:

UT: Jarrett was appointed to a White House Staff position today. She's out of the running

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Blago should appoint himself to the Senate. Being one of the newest people in the Senate he would have almost no seniority and have no pull which means he could do less harm. Its our only chance to get him out of the governorship. He should have been removed from office a while ago. Please I do not want Jesse Jackson Jr. to go to the Senate!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

Jarrett's staff position was a shew in. You have to ask yourself what would be the chance of a non African American occupying that seat under or were they replacing a Caucasian. Further who better to replace or fill the seat than someone who is african american and will continue to fight for the same things regarding Illinois that Obama did the man for the job is Jesse Jr.

• 1 decade ago

He will do his Job to appoint a new senator that closely follows his values, most likely a Democrat regardless of his race.

thats the second bad question from you maybe your too old to be here too forget rock n roll

• 1 decade ago

What???

Obama is the only african american senator in the senate.

I doubt another one will be appointed and Obama thinks a woman name Valerie Jarrett should get the seat.

Stop race baiting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the Illinois governor will pick the person that will best help HIM win re-election. The "best" person is a relative term when you think of it that way. However, their are PLENTY of quaified black people ready to take the president elect place.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe he will appoint the best person for the job.

• 1 decade ago

He will appoint the highest bidder.

It *is* Chicago, after all,

• 1 decade ago

The seat should be filled either by William Ayers,Rev.Wright,or Louis Farrakhan. America needs more crazy left wing radicals in the senate to go along with our radical left wing pres-elect Obama.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

jesse jackson jr he nothing like his dad.

he said on cnn black people need to pull up there pants.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.