naung asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Oh God! My two legs are not equal in length!1! Please .....?

recently, I find out that my left legs is a bit longer than my right legs. you know my left shoes become more thinner than my right shoes. How did it happen? i find difficult when i am walking and sometime in standing too.

Do you have any idea to fix this?

I mean how to have my two legs of equal length?

Please Help me!!!

I appreciate any of your suggestion .....

• Elise
    Favorite Answer

This is often the case with people that have a slight curve in their spine, or have had some sort of accident that rotated something (like their hip) out of place.

If it's not causing you any back or knee problems, it's nothing to worry about. Your body accounts for the difference in length when you move around.

If you have pain or discomfort for it, see a good chiropractor or a physiotherapist. They will be able to pinpoint the reason for the length difference, and provide treatment or recommendations. Sometimes it's as simple as putting a small wedge in your shoes to make up the difference (you can get them at some shoe stores or pharmacies, especially where they sell nurses' shoes). Sometimes adjustments help, as well as exercises like pilates/yoga which stabilize your core muscles.

Without knowing what causes it (and no one here can tell you that), you should see a doctor if it is causing you problems.

Nobody's legs are equal in length, much less their hands... funny question...

To fix your problem you could have surgery to add length or remove length.

i doubt ne leg is longer that the other. if one shoe is worn out more than the other its probably because of how you walk, and i it realy is shorter witch is unlikely the only cre is traction with is a very painfull treatment

It's actually very common and sometimes a visit to the chiropractor can help.