Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Not having sex until marriage?

I am 16. I got a purity ring (to wait for marriage to have sex). But now I am doubting my decision. I'm not saying I want to have sex in my teen years, but if I get into a serious relationship later on, I'm not sure if I will be able to wait. I am afraid I won't have enough experience after I get married. I am afraid I will get bored of having had sex with just one man my whole life. I know I should wait, but I need advice on what to do?

Favorite Answer

No one can tell you what to do, however I have never met a woman who was sorry she had waited.

Whether you wear a ring, or not, in the end it is entirely up to you when you decide the right time to have sex is. There is no shame in changing your mind for the right reasons. When you make the decision that the time has come, then go ahead and do so.

Two things to remember though: 1) Be responsible when you have sex and use a condom EVERY TIME with EVERY PARTNER until you are in a long-term monogamous relationship such as marriage. 2) Enjoy sex! If you aren't enjoying it, then something is wrong. Be with someone who respects you and your desires and is willing to do the things you want to do sexually, and will respect your boundaries. Sex is not an "All or nothing" activity, you can be sexually active and not be a "slut."

Also remember, "Sex is like eating Chinese Food, it's not over until everyone gets their cookie!"

the ring doesn't prevent you from having sex. i didn't have one, and i was 23 when i GAVE my virginity to my husband. the whole "purity ring" is just something that Disney is pushing.

if you get older, get into a SERIOUS relationship, and decide to change your mind, that's up to you. i would only hope that you would wait a few more years, and protect yourself.

The choice is up to you. When you decide to have sex, make sure you are ready. It is admirable if you want to wait to marriage.

You have to decide what's right for you, but I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first. Of course, I'm not 16 yrs old either.

Every guy is seeking a virgin including me. So wait till marriage.

everybody is right, but ii i were you i've rather to preserve my virginity until i get marriage becouse tha is only gift you can give to your husband as a pure noble women, im sure he will be proud of you , girl dont get hurry of having sex...

the choice us up to u