Julian T asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

whats wrong with my 5 month old pit?

i feed hime some puppy food last night some of that small pack of purina puppy moist food and aded some imes puppy dry food he ate it all he was fine early this morning and then i noticed him sad and droopy laying around didnt eat all day today not playfull i cought hime eating a napkin couple days ago notice he scavenges around the yard

Favorite Answer

I can't know what is wrong with your puppy. However I will tell you that I would only feed Purina to a dog I utterly despised and hated.

Has he had a bowel movement since he ingested the napkin (pooped?) If not, he may have a blockage, and needs to be rushed to the emergency vet, it requires surgery to remove the blockage.

Otherwise, I would say, keep him eating and drinking and watch his excrements (poops and pees) to be sure he's not constipated, has diarrhea, or is dehydrated. If he continues to be lethargic (very sleepy, not moving) then take him to the vet at the first available appointment.

The napkin could be part of it, but i would think it would have digested fairly okay.

I know that one time i changed my dog food quickly (went from one brand to another in a day) and it tore my dog up bad. She had rectal bleeding and puked a lot. We took her to the vet and they said the sudden change tore her stomach up and if we do want to change to do it over a week. Gradually add new food into the old food until you get it completely transitioned. The Purina and Imes together may have gave him a belly ache..but maybe not bad enough to do to him what it did to mine.

Also, has he had parvo vaccine? If you just got him you may want to check that.

It could be the napkin or if he's not had his shots he could be sick. Watch his bowel movements and make sure he is having them, if he is not give him 100% Pumpkin, this might sound strange but it does work, it also works if they have diarrhea. I have to keep it on hand for my boxer mix puppy. He eats anything and everything. I sure hope your puppy gets better :)

Don't let him outside to much without you watching him.. He probably ate something he shouldn't have.. maybe he has allergies to the food.

he is a baby and arent used to the food change yet(milk to reg, food) and that is why maybe he was drooping around....

what ever you dont want him to get into put a lil hot sauce on it and he wont touch it again after he gets into it