What Should I Do About My Band and Girlfriend?

ok so i just became the lead singer for a metalcore band, and i scream the lyrics. My girlfriend doesn't approve of it and i don't know what i should do about it. I love her but i can't just quit the band. what should i tell her?

Favorite Answer

Follow your heart. If it is music then the right girl will follow when your ready. If your girlfriend doesn't approve of your life now, from my experiences, it will only get worse latter on in life.

This is your time to follow your heart and live your dreams. Stay on a path that encourages your goals to better yourself. If the girl doesn't encourage your plans to search your dreams out. She might not be the one. I know it is hard to let someone you care about go, but later on down the road it only gets worse. With every relationship you enter into you will learn a great deal about yourself. Live life to the fullest and it will pay you back in the future.

Good luck with your band and the right girl.

Just like at work the two are separate. If I'm on set doing a shoot only the AD would be telling how to act not the girlfriend

i really don't understand why she wouldn't approve of it.

i can't sing, but if i could, i would stay with the band.

think about it. if you ditch your band then your girlfriend will run ur life until u take it.

besides, it might not work out between u two. if you ditch ur band they won't ever want u back.

tell her u run ur life the way you want. if she doesn't let ppl live their life for themselves, then she isn't a nice human being.

i suggest telling her get used to it or get lost.

Tell her the band is your life whether she approves or not. Let her leave if she wants to. You will have lots of other girls wanting you.

do you really think you're gunna be with her the rest of your life?

cause if she really loved you, she'd support you doing what you love. i say stay in the band. it'll actually make an impact in your life and give you an expirience

tell her she's a priority in your life but so is your music and if she really cares for you she'll be there to support you 100% if not then you'll have to decide which makes you happier her or how amazing it feels to jam with your friends

If she really loves you she'd support you in doing what you love

I know that my bf does things i dont like or not interested in but doesn't mean I don't support him in doing things he enjoys.

Beat her mercilessly while screaming "DONT YOU DARE TRY TO BE MY YOKO ONO!"

To except it or leave

She dont have to like it

you need to discipline her with your fists sometimes tough love is best