Pam asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Please Answer? I have been on a very strict diet for the?

last month and a half. To date I have lost 24 pounds which I have worked very hard for. For the last week I have been noticing that I am losing ± 400 grams some days to only pick up 200 grams the following day. What can cause this. This is so frustrating. I am drinking 3 litres of water every day. Must I drink less water or is this normal? Thank you.

I weighed 180 pounds and am now down to 156. I eat 6 small portions a day and don't starve myself. I cut out sugar, bread etc. and eat a lot of veggies and fruit.

• mcdbb
    Favorite Answer

Fluctuations of weight is perfectly normal.

This can be due to a variety of reasons: water retention (3L a day is a lot of water), salt intake, or the food you've eaten, unpassed stools, and so on.

Your rate of weight loss is very alarming unless you were VERY heavy (400+lb) I would strongly recommend that you limit yourself to weighing once every three days, rather than multiple times a day.

Well whats your strict diet.

A weight loss rate that fast makes it look like youre starving yourself. Or at least eating very little.

Youre just making your metabolism slower... Making it harder for you to lose weight in the future!

Eat a healthy diet and exercise frequently. Thats all you need to do.

If you continue with starvation diets you will look skeletal and not attractive at all.

Its better to be too fat than to thin anyway.

Good Luck

Weight fluctuation is normal, especially what your considering is just being paranoid. day to day your weight will fluctuate depeding on whats going on. Weigh your self weekly for a better understanding of your weight loss/gain.

Maybe you have hit your maintenance calorie weight, so drop some more food or incorporate excersize.

And keep drinking the water, its good for you

Your body is trying to protect itself from starvation. Just relax and keep going with your diet.

Bella, sweeheart, tell me more. How much did you weigh to begin with...were you very overweight? I want to help[....email me. at gianinni2005@yahoo.com...dont worry...I just want to help...I have every answer to every question that you have....Gia