Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Did you support the bailout?

Isn't it ironic that these Wall Street banks refused oversight, regulations on executive pay, and any-and-all taxes, only to then rape their shareholders and then demand to sip from the government nipple?

Hank Paulson is a bald-headed crook.

Favorite Answer

Absolutely not.

ALthough not for the same reasons as you.

I believe in the free market, and I believe that failures should be allowed to fail. When businesses get too big, they get too cumbersome and eventual failure is just part of the business cycle,

No, you can not take tax payers money then continue to charge outrageous prices for your product and/or service.

I am a firm believer "you cannot do for one without doing for the other".

Now if all these companies want to forgive all debt owed, We keep our houses paid for in full(they received their money already) our vehicles purchased in good faith with any of the Big 3 should automatically be considered paid for in full, with the "Pink slip" in the mail upon cashing the first 25 billion they receive.

Then we go from there.

I have made every truck note, and every mortgage payment.

If the company gets Taxpayers money I want full ownership of my truck and my home with no questions asked. It is only fair.

• Edward

Most incumbents who supported the bailout got re-elected.

If I were you I would blame the voters more than Paulson and the bankers.

Screw bailouts

Screw debt

Screw the banks

Screw the federal reserve

we seriously need Ron Paul...too bad the american people are too IGNORANT to hear him out..(the only man who speaks the truth)

I agree but it was a lesser of two evils. I pisses me off that these banking fat cats got away with murder. I don't agree with bailing them out but our economy is really in the tank and if the feds didn't bailout times would be much tougher. I really think some heads should roll though.

No ! I Don't and With the news of the AIG resort meetings with bailout funds, it only hardens my resolve.

No, and I made my reps aware. My democratic congressman voted "No" both times.

To sum it up: I like Ron Paul.

• chris

no cause i knew in my head the banks wouldn't use it for what they were supposed to use it for

Nope not at all.