2 12inch alpine type r's

alpine mda m-1000

alpine cda 9886

alpine type r front speakers

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

id go with the 9887 over the 9886 the imprint technology is worth the sound quality! but other than that great setup just add some coaxial type R's to the back and you got yourself a slapper!

• KaeZoo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That's fine, but make sure you're purchasing the dual 2-ohm version of the Type R (the SWR-1222D). If you purchase the 4-ohm SWR-1242D, then you'll have to wire the pair for a 4-ohm load, and the amplifier won't be able to produce its full rated power.

I would strongly suggest buying a second amplifier to power your front speakers. Type R speakers won't perform as well on head unit power.

• 1 decade ago

really good setup. you could even get a bigger amp for those subs and push between 600-800 watts safely through them and it would be even louder yet (basswise) and an amp for the front speakers would make everything sound way better. Just add some nice Comp Speakers in the back like some one had mentioned and your all set!

• 1 decade ago

As much as I like Alpine, I can't say I like their HU's all that much.

Personally, I'd go with this HU: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11106_Pioneer+...

The rest of your set up is good though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gordo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

sounds good to me.

• 1 decade ago

thats a great setup!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.