Alex asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 decade ago

is this a good setup?

2 12inch alpine type r's

alpine mda m-1000

alpine cda 9886

alpine type r front speakers

Favorite Answer

id go with the 9887 over the 9886 the imprint technology is worth the sound quality! but other than that great setup just add some coaxial type R's to the back and you got yourself a slapper!

• KaeZoo

That's fine, but make sure you're purchasing the dual 2-ohm version of the Type R (the SWR-1222D). If you purchase the 4-ohm SWR-1242D, then you'll have to wire the pair for a 4-ohm load, and the amplifier won't be able to produce its full rated power.

I would strongly suggest buying a second amplifier to power your front speakers. Type R speakers won't perform as well on head unit power.

really good setup. you could even get a bigger amp for those subs and push between 600-800 watts safely through them and it would be even louder yet (basswise) and an amp for the front speakers would make everything sound way better. Just add some nice Comp Speakers in the back like some one had mentioned and your all set!

As much as I like Alpine, I can't say I like their HU's all that much.

Personally, I'd go with this HU: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11106_Pioneer+...

The rest of your set up is good though.

• Gordo

sounds good to me.

thats a great setup!!!!