J
J asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

I'm white and republican does that make me racist.?

So I am white and I voted republican like I have every time I have ever voted. Does that make me a racist? I have accepted the fact that a democrat (not a black man) will be in office in January. I am just tired of being labeled because I didn't vote a certain way, what do you think?

Favorite Answer

chances are preety good. but there is hope. STAY OUT OF CHURCH!

You are not a racist because you voted for a Republican. Of course there are those Democrats that will say different. Don't worry what they label you. We Republicans know McCain was the better man.

I think some of your answers have mistaken your comment about 'a democrat (not a black man)' as racist when I read you as saying that Obama's colour is irrelevant to you. You've obviously just been labelled again.

It is a fact of life though, that if you associate with people of a certain type, then people will start attributing characteristics of that group to you - and yes - this is racism, sexism, discrimination, whatever. It appears to most of the world that the GOP is a cabal of strident, Christian fanatic (making Islamists look moderate), fascist, racist crooks and warmongers.

OK you're not racist if you say so.

Some folks will say anything to make themselves feel better about losing the election. If your crutch is to claim racism, great, whatever gets you through this time. 4 years (or if it is warrented, 8 years) is gonna be a very long time, my friend. Some of use will be able to see beyond the barrier that's keeping some from being Americans. Some cannot get beyond that barrier. That's too bad.

I think you're a Republican! That certainly doesn't make you racist, but given the nature of this election, it makes you "suspect" by people who "suspect" racism behind every door & around every corner. Don't let that bother you -- I'm a Dem & contributed $$$, time, & energy to the campaign, but am a liberal in the true sense of the word, i.e., open-minded. And I say you're NOT a RACIST -- just short-sighted! :-)

• I'm white and voted Democrat....does that make me a black lover? NO. That's rubbish! I voted for the best man for the job.

Well I voted for McCain and I loved it when I was called racist for it. I enjoyed every minute of it. Obama has no business being in office, the last person to get in power on the promise of change was Fidel Castro and Hitler before him. So if you voted for someone based on the color of his skin and not on the content of his character then it is pretty much safe to say that you are stupid.

Source(s): BET

The only reason not to vote for President Obama would be if you are a racist. He was hands down the better candidate in every way.

Blacks tend to view whites as racist even if they are not.

Most Republicans do not vote skin color. And frankly I didn't vote on skin color.

But apparently some people believe that if you didn't vote for Obama, it must be because you're a racist and a voter who rationally decided to vote for McCain.

Its amazing.

nope. i am a white conservative republican and very proud of it. there is no need to feel ashamed or to feel like a racist no matter what the MSM tries to shove down our throats.

Just like I don't assume that a few crazy wingnut Republicans represent the opinion of everyone in the Republican party, you should realize that the views of a few misguided Democrats don't represent the entire Democratic party.