Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is my son starting to have sexual malice?

my 11y.o. son has become closer to me than before like he always comes home from school early but i felt uneasy sometimes because he goes to my room after i just came out from a bath and about to get dressed. He just played there with his psp and told me stories about school, i told him to go to his room so i could have my privacy while i get dressed. He told me that he won't look and faced backwards and played with his video game. I also asked him one time what he was doing inside my closet when i came home from work he told me that he was going to surprise me, but he looked pale and nervous when i caught him. I don't know if his behavior is is still normal for boys his age. Is he starting to have malice at this age? What should i advice him to do? Cause my husband works abroad. thanks

Favorite Answer

He is your son, you are his mom...where could there possibly be malice. Plus you should be glad that he is open with you and talks about his personal life because that is very important when a child is growing up. He is probably entering puberty and it is important for you to understand that he will go through a lot of changes. Same thing used to happen to me but as i grew older i would just walk away whenever my mom got out of the shower.

I wouldn't call this sexual malice. There might be some sexual curiosity involved. Has he ever had the chance to see girls or women (or even boys) in the nude? Curiosity about the other sex peaks for the second time just before puberty. You could satisfy his curiosity by taking him to a nude beach or a visit to a nudist resort; it would probably help him develop a healthy attitude toward the human body, if it is something you could be comfortable with. He might just be lonely, and wants to spend as much time as possible with you after being away all day.

Whatever he was doing in your closet, he probably felt you wouldn't like the real reason. Maybe he just liked the feeling of your clothes; maybe they reminded him of you. Possibly he was getting a vague sexual thrill from touching "girl things" in the dark. That's fairly normal, not malice.

I wouldn't characterize this as malice. Quite possibly sexual, and maybe threatening to you because of the suggestion of incest. But sexual interest in their mothers by young boys is quite common. Most boys pass through that stage and go on to develop quite normally. I wouldn't worry about it. I think your son's behavior is well within the normal range.

He's probably nearing or going through puberty and is just curious.

It's a stage and he'll outgrow it.

he's most likely just investigating, looking at stuff, underwear etc... smelling your underwear to capture your sweet womanly scent. give boundries, out of your room when you get dressed

• ?

yeah he's curious. once he's figured he's had enough, he'll stop doing that. Cause its kind of awkward for a growing pre-teen to see their parents naked as they age.

Yes, its malice and purely evil(God damn you Nicolai for releasing it from Apoina Tower)

Also, PSP's have reflective screens, he could have easily watched you in it, sort of like a mini mirror.

He's just a curious kid, nothing to worry about. Just discourage him if it bothers you.

your husband works abroad? sounds to me like your son is picking up on your sexual tension. what kind of signals are you sending?

i think hes just curious....he'll be alright