Can anyone give some advice here please?

Okay, I hope some of you guys are able to give some advice on this problem I'm trying to figure out. This is boy trouble I'm having and because of this I have to say some things first before I get you into my situation. First of all, I am not one of those girls who judges others based on looks. Sure, I'll probably... show more Okay, I hope some of you guys are able to give some advice on this problem I'm trying to figure out. This is boy trouble I'm having and because of this I have to say some things first before I get you into my situation. First of all, I am not one of those girls who judges others based on looks. Sure, I'll probably say "Hey that guy is cute!" but that does not mean I 'love' him. Secondly, I am very shy when it comes to the guy I like. And thirdly, the guy I like already knows that I like him ( thanks to a certain friend of mine).

I really want to ask him out but I don't know how. I'm afraid to even talk to him. That's kinda weird because I know and talk to most of his friends(his friends are my friends) and I know what his personality is. Last year, he found out I liked him and it seemed that he wasn't interested and so I left him alone. This year my feelings came back and so I sent him a flower (our school has a floral shop) and when I say hi to him, he looks at me and says hi with a smile. We have one class together and that class is band. Keep in mind that if you're in band, you spend a lot of time with the people around you. Band is like a big family.

Anyways, I want to ask him out and get him to notice me this year because I'm a junior and he's a senior! I have limited time, so any advice on what I should do?
Update: Yup. He plays the trumpet and I play the clarinet. And he is also very shy as well XD.