What is a CQ Runner (in the Army)?

Reading some letters my dad sent while in specialist training and he said he was a CQ runner for the previous day.

What is a CQ runner? I know CQ is change of quarters, and i know what CQ duty is but...

www.lettersfromvietnam.com

Favorite Answer

CQ (Charge of Quarters) CQ shifts rotate throughout the entire company, with just two Soldier's, 1 Non Commissioned Officer (NCO-E-5 and above) and 1 lower enlisted (E-4 and below) from the company per shift. CQ usually lasts 24 hours/Regular Duty Station.

12 hours for Basic Training/AIT

The Charge of Quarters is the responsibility of the NCO, and the lower enlisted is the runner, meaning that they perform tasks for the CQ.

The NCO and the runner, both may perform certain duties during their shift, ex: cleaning common areas, restrooms, and various other tasks. But they are usually tasked with answering the phone at the CQ desk, and doing random barracks checks.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a CQ Runner (in the Army)?

Source(s): cq runner army: https://tr.im/v87GF

The CQ runner is normally a lower enlisted who is there to assist the CQ. IE answer the phone while the CQ is doing security checks. Maybe do some light house keeping, any small task that comes up. A million different things.

SFC

US Army

Retired

• durby

Army Runner

CQ Runner is an errand boy. That's the best I can think of. If someone needs something in the CQ area then the Runner is sent to go get it. Did my fair share of CQ Duty while in Tech School.

Source(s): USAF Veteran

Is the CQ helper to handle all of orders given by the CQ covering the company area during the night , week ends or holidays

When they have CQ duty basically you have to have two people there, The NCO (E-5 & above) & the lower enlisted (E-4 & below, who is almost always the runner). Basically the runner is there to do the lighter jobs like answer the phone, write down messages/log the time in&out sheets, & sometimes takes over when necessary

Source(s): Im an armywife

CQ Charge of Quarters. GoFer. Go fer this or Go fer that.

Duties for S1 Section/Charge of Quarters

CQ on a thursday is the winningest

They are used to do what the duty officer of the day asked of him For example they may be asked to find a soldier the duty officer wants to see.