I can't remember this song!?

When I was in the choir in fourth grade, we sang this beautiful star song at our Christmas concert. I started to sing it for my family at our Christmas party, but before I got through the first verse, I completely forgot the song. I haven't remembered it since.

Eleven years later and the fact that I don't remember this song is killing me. I have searched and I don't find it anywhere. I just remember the first verse starts with star (I remember star light shining in the darkness, but I maybe am mixing it up with sesame street lyrics from when I was younger) and that the middle verses talk about the shepherds or wise man and the presence of this star. Not in those words of course.

I have searched and searched for this song online, and it does no good. I am hoping someone recognizes what I am talking about. This really irks me. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

star of Bethlehem or "Oh little star of Bethlehem" or "We 3 Kings"

I vaguely remember something like that from my youth. these are possibility"s

Source(s): my old memory banks

Possibly "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I think there's a part about a star dancing in the night...