Laptop/notebook reliability question, Gateway, Acer, Dell?

Hi, I was thinking about buying a gateway laptop. The place I am buying from doesn't have a huge selection, and I have a gift certificate so i cant shop elsewhere. My options are basically just acer, gateway, and dell. ive heard dell is quite unreliable, and i'm leaning towards the gateway. has anyone ever owned... show more Hi, I was thinking about buying a gateway laptop. The place I am buying from doesn't have a huge selection, and I have a gift certificate so i cant shop elsewhere.

My options are basically just acer, gateway, and dell. ive heard dell is quite unreliable, and i'm leaning towards the gateway. has anyone ever owned one or does anyone know about laptop brand reliability?

i know sony is probably the most reliable, but i want to get some feedback on which of those you guys think is more solid and problem free. thanks