Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

is the first grand theft auto safer than the newest one ?

im want to get the grand theft auto that is safer fo my 14 year old son !(ps2 Version)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The first two Grand Theft Auto games (Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto II) were released for the original PlayStation (not PS2) but will play on the PS2. These are top down 2D games and play quite differently from the newer 3D games.

Grand Theft Auto III was the first sequel available for PS2 and the game that made the series a huge success. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas are the sequels to Grand Theft Auto III and are all available for PS2.

The newest one is Grand Theft Auto IV. It is only available for PS3 and X-Box 360, so it won't work on a PS2.

As for which one is the safest, that is a matter of what you feel your son can handle. All of the GTA games involve copious amounts of violence, a lot of sexual references and drug use. If you're worried about the violence, all 3 PS2 options are pretty much equal.

If it's sexuality you're worried about, then there is a bit of a difference. In Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, you can hire prostitutes but all it results in is seeing your car bounce up and down a bit. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas allows you to go on dates with women and then go back to their houses to have sex. When this occurs, the camera stays outside of the house but you hear the woman moaning. There are also certain early versions of San Andreas that had uncensored sex scenes that could be unlocked using a special code.

So, again, it all depends on what you believe your son is capable of handling. All of the Grand Theft Auto games have received an M rating, meaning no one under the age of 17 is allowed to purchase them in a store, but the ratings are simply guidelines provided by the ESRB and there's nothing that says you can't allow a 14 year old to play an M rated game.

The absolute safest thing would be to play the game with him for a bit. If there's something you don't like, then you can always explain what you don't like about it or take it away if you feel it's truly inappropriate.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

well, all the gta games are safe, i started playing them when i was about 12 or 13 and my parents were strict but they didnt see anything wrong with the games, its just what u think might be safe for him, i recomend that u get the new 1 for him bcoz all the other games are mostly outdated, but if u dont want to get him the new 1, then i recomend that u get him gta: vice city stories, its the last 1 that came out before the new 1. hope this helps

• 1 decade ago

safe? all of them are safe..?

gta: san andreas has kind of sexual content, but all of them are just games so your not going to find more than language and syrup looking blood.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.