Can I feed my Golden Retriever homemade dog food?

I was wondering if I could safely feed my golden homemade dog food, or if it is unsafe? I know that most vets say no to that but I would really like to, if it is safe. I read that raw dog food is best, in reference to meat. Is this true? I was thinking of feeding him 40% meat( raw ground beef), mixed with 30%... show more I was wondering if I could safely feed my golden homemade dog food, or if it is unsafe? I know that most vets say no to that but I would really like to, if it is safe. I read that raw dog food is best, in reference to meat. Is this true? I was thinking of feeding him 40% meat( raw ground beef), mixed with 30% starch ( cooked rice, or mashed potatoes), and 30% veggies(carrots and peas boiled and mashed). Would this diet be safe for my furry friend? I plan on introducing this diet, if it is safe, very slowly, but would he get loose stools from this food? Plus how much of this should he eat. He is a golden that is almost 2yrs. I would really appreciate your advice,
thanks.
Update: I am very concerned about the raw meat thing, I hear different stories and I don't know what to do, cook it or not cook it? My question is which raw or cooked would he be able to digest easier. Plus if I do go the raw method, what precautions should I take so he or I doesn't get sick?