Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why people want Christians to stay out of Government?

Look at how Christians made USA... a nice place to live.

Non Christian Foreigners want to come and live in USA because they

dislike their countries.

Some people said they want Christians to stay out of Politic

and Separate State and Church.

If we do that... USA won't be the same.

After Obama turned this country into Socialism and Communism

USA won't be the same.

So why not go live in Canada or Europe... if you're so unhappy here?

Favorite Answer

http://www.godweb.org/biblicalpolitics.htm

http://www.hkbu.edu.hk/~ppp/bth/bth3.html

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/adrianbiblestude...

1 Samuel 8:4-19

“My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36)

If Christian beliefs flooded the government, yes, America would change, but possibly for the better.

I don't mind "no murder", "no stealing", and things like that being laws. Hell, common sense, much?

Haven't you noticed the economy has been a train wreck BEFORE Barack Obama was elected? Perhaps he will help us- but I'm not about to begin a political debate. Up yours.

Seperate state and church- well, let's think about this logically. I think it's an excuse to ban gay marriage. Freedom of religion was the major reason for coming to America. You can't ban things/enforce them JUST for the sake of a religion. Aren't we supposed to live freely? If we all vote on it, so be it. Yeah, that's a load of bullshit in my opinion, but there's not much I can do about it, eh? Except for voting "yes" on what I agree on and "no" on what I don't. Everyone deserves to be treated the same- Wiccan, Jew, Muslim, Satanist, Christian- you name it! Liberty IS blind, isn't it?

Well, moving to Canada or Europe is an option for some people. But some would love to stay here, where their family and friends are. And not everyone has enough money to move to those places. Plus, can you blame anyone for wanting to change our country for the better? To bring in the open-minded point of view?

Well, nice talking to you. Not really, though.

I don't think it is that people want Christians to stay out of politics but they don't want Christian values to control what is the law of the land. Over the past twenty years, Christian values have been thrown aside in favor of what "the people want"...i.e. not to take responsibility for their actions. They keep insisting that the government stay out of their business...but expect the government to bail them out or let them off the hook when they screw up. It is a double standard.

Chnstians do not want the U.S. to become a church state. But, they do want the values of believers in God to be uppermost in the determination of laws that affect the people. Not specific religious values but the values that come from God. Integrity, honor, decency, kindness, loyalty and compassion. It is those values that made the U.S. what it is today....but we are rapidly allowing greed, dishonesty, lies, hidden agendas, disloyalty and cruelty take there place.

There is no such thing as separation of church and state. Now before you go screaming obsenities at me, hear me out.

1) The 1st amendment does say church and state are separate:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

This basically states that, while the can be no law picking one religion as a national religion, there can also be no law preventing religion from being exercised (in any situtation - including the practice of government - the Founding Fathers never placed a condition on it).

2) You should not be able to separate your Christian (or Muslim, or Jewish, or any other religious) self from your secular self. My understanding of religion is that it is more than where you go Sunday mornings; rather, you live your life according to your beliefs. How can an elected official turn off those beliefs in conducting the affairs of government?

Maybe the Founding Fathers were smarter than we commonly give them credit for.

I blame three modern societal influences for this fear of Christians in government. The main one is public education and the revisionist history being taught. The US has always been a Christian majority and has always been a leader in human rights. For example, modern secular education teaches only the negatives in many cases: Treatment of the Native Americans and slavery. These were very bad, and not Christian, but the US was not alone in this treatment at those times in history.

Secondly, I blame Hollywood. They have passed decadence and immorality off as societally acceptable behavior.

The other place I lay blame is the Supreme Court. Modern rulings, influenced by radical liberal justices, have eroded many religious freedoms and the social conscience of the traditional US. I speak of Roe v. Wade, but not only of that.

When the High Court enacted liberal legislation from the bench, it became incumbent on Christians to use our free speech and voting power to try to hold onto our societal mores.

You are confused. This was never a matter of how Christians made the USA anything... this country was founded on the basis of freedom of choice, not to mention the fact that many of the Founding Fathers were actually atheists or agnostics.(Before you go "thumbs-downing" me, check your facts. This statement is completely true.) With regards to the separating of church and state changing the USA; this country was borne of the notion that there would be a fine line between those two entities. "In God We Trust" was first put on coin in 1864, but not until 1955 was it seen on the dollar and dubbed the national motto. The Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892. If anything, WE'VE ALREADY CHANGED the USA from what it was and what it should be.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not an atheist. I know my facts, and refuse to reject truth simply because it is incongruous to my beliefs.

Source(s): (US) History grad student.

The US is the most successful country in history. Our shores have never been invaded by a foreign enemy. The entire world depends on us when they have their backs against the wall. Have you heard anyone complaining that Italy has not sent enough help to Dar fur? It is expected of us. Those that want the most change in the US have never been to another country to see how well we actually do have it.

I think you are confused. People are not upset with Christians. They just don't want the membership of one religious group to impose their beliefs on everyone. There is a separation of church and state - it was written into the U.S. Constitution as part of the birth of our current system of government. Furthermore, I would be careful distinguishing between "Christians" and "Non-Christians," why not look at everyone as human beings? Also, it is unkind to tell people who are trying to uphold the U.S. Constitution to leave the country. It's a big country, there's room for all of us.

P.S.- If you are not 100% native american then you are the product of immigration.

P.S.S.- The USA will not suffer from socialism and communism under Obama. That is alarmist propaganda.

Source(s): A Christian woman with an open mind.

As a atheist (and yes, I was born and raised in the USA) who deeply wishes that there was more of a separation between church and state let me answer that for you. Every american is entitled to the same rights and one of our rights in this country is "Freedom Of Religion". The USA is a big melting pot with different beliefs am perfectly content here but you are the one who sounds like you hate living here so why don't YOU move to the holy land of Israel?

• grob

Well, it is easy to fix. Just do a constitutional amendment nullifying the first amendment.

You know you want to.