Can you have a good relationship if you are not physically attracted to the person you are dating?

Ok, so im really just looking for you opinion. So my story is I have this guy and we have known each other for a long time. We both like each other and all, but i don't think I would ever date him. The reason why is that im not physically attracted to him, he's not my type looks wise. When I see him I wonder... show more Ok, so im really just looking for you opinion.

So my story is I have this guy and we have known each other for a long time. We both like each other and all, but i don't think I would ever date him. The reason why is that im not physically attracted to him, he's not my type looks wise. When I see him I wonder why I like him, but then I start talking to him and realize that he has a great personality and we get along great. To be honest I know looks shouldn't count but they do sometimes. There has only been a few times that I have looked at him and thought he was the slightest bit attractive looks wise. So there is at least a little physical attraction from the two times. I am attracted to him but only because of his personality. I feel bad because he is physically attracted to me and likes my personality. Where as I only like him for his personality.

So my question is if we started to date would the relationship show any type of success because I have no physical attraction to him but still like him (cause of his personality)?
Another question is it wrong that I tell him he is good looking to make him feel good, even though I don't think he is?