Anonymous

Foreign exchange student????

Any foreign exchange students out there? Have you ever been one? Have you ever had a foreign exchangee student friend?

Well, I am an exchange student from the U.S. I am in Brazil and I am having a terrible time. I miss my friends and family. Say something nice to me to help me get through this!!! lol thanks ;]

-lillY

Of course I am not like that.. jeesh. :\

Thanks "help please" lol I am trying to enjoy myself. It is just so very hard. I miss everyone so much. But I know-- this is a once in a lifetime chance and my friends and family want the best for me. I am trying to stay tough and have fun. I am jsut having a hard time. Thanks so much for the advicde! :]

G T.. that was ridiculous and immature. I just reported you.. :P |8-O

Jay.. I hope I am making my experience a good one for everyone else, as well as myself. thanks. ;]

Shopaholic Chick.. thanks so much. because you are experienced in this, I really took your advice to heart. I will try and make the best of this experience that I possibly can! :]

nebensat........

thanks so much. it is good to know that am not the only one going through this. I am having fun but i miss home! thanks for the advice! ;]

Thanks sar93!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :][:

Shhhhh im a vampire-- thanks hun! you seem to be really nie too. maybe i will email you sometime. or you can email me!!

360: WOWW! you are far away!!!! but it really doesnt matter how far.. i still can't see my family. but jeesh that was VERY far away. I bet you missed evryone very much.

Favorite Answer

i spent a college semester in germany and there were tough times, i really missed home sometimes - but remember you are in a great exotic location - go everywhere you can meet people and make new friends....remember you will be home to see your friends and they will still be there you can still email them....but for today go out and see what you can see so you can tell them about it...

what i did to start feeling better is i started a blog every day i would post a photo or 2 of people i met or places i went - and then write about them....my friends at home would read them and then post comments for me about how they couldnt want to see the rest of my photos and how great it was i was seeing all these neat places....it was a real boost!!

try www.blogger.com for free easy to use blogs!!

PS - now that i finsihed school i am appying for jobs in germany i found out when i got home i really miss it there!!!

I currently am a foreign exchange student, in Germany for a whole year. This is my second time, and I've had exchange students stay with me in the states as well. I get that it can be tough, but try not to think too much about it. You're in a foreign country, so get out there and explore! Take advantage of the fact that everything is new and different, because before you know it, you'll be on your way home and wishing you had spent more time enjoying yourself and less time lamenting. Believe me, it gets easier over time. You'll see your friends and family again soon enough; for now, go check out Brazil!

enjot the opportunity you are having. It should be a good time for you, who knows if you will every get to do this again. It's sad to not be with family, but you know they love you and want the best for you, so enjoy your experience!

Hère are some great blogs

Myfrenchyear.tumblr.com

Thatfrenchyear.tumblr.com

Thefrenchyear.tumblr.com

Self-indulgency "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" -- Creedence Clearwater Revival (especially the solo) Loss "The Needle And The Damage Done" -- Neil Young

im an international student in the US just got here a month ago from Saudi Arabia, now I am far away ! not u

Everyone misses you back and you're going to be alright! Another day that you're with out them is another day closer to when you're going to see them again. Hope your time in Brazil gets better :)

My [old] best friend had a foreign exchange student once and he stole her ipod touch, but I am pretty sure ur not like that

I had a couple foreign exchange friends. It was really cool to learn about their cultures and they were really nice!!

oh wow your far away from home!!! well if you want to talk im here u seem to be a really nice person! well heres a joke your mamas so fat she has more rolls than the bakery!lol