ndllvr asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Is reading bad for you?

A boy in my class said that reading was bad for you, but I always thought it was good for you.

Favorite Answer

Oh, it was so bad for me it earned me three college degrees. Honestly, my deah, I don't know how I managed to survive. I mean, why, my reading only brought me a million dollars by the time I was 30...do you suppose if I'd remained stupid it'd have made me a billion dollars instead?

Reading is very good for you. Talking to that boy in your class is bad for you. I hope that clears it up.

Yes if you read to much you learn to much and when you pass on what you have learned from reading you get abused

I am an Avid reader especially WW2 and i pass on my Knowledge to yahoo questions and because the Truth Hurts I get abused they even send me Emails to tell me i am an idiot a fool Brain dead and lots of ****************f

so yes Reading is bad for them and i intend to continue to read especially after spending $5000 on getting both eyes Fixed

WOW. reading is very good for you the kid in you class is an idiot tell him i said that! and reading makes you smarter gives you a better vocab. and so on

lol, it is good for you. It educates your mind, strengthen's your imagination,etc. Now, if you read for too long you can get sleepy & strain your eyes. And if you read for too long in the car, with the motion, that can give you a headache. But, yes, reading is VERY good for you.

Yes. Philippians 4:8 KJV Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. NIV 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Pastor Art

The boy in your class is ignorant and you need to stop listening to him.

Why the hell would it be bad? o_O rofl.

It stimulates your mind, and makes you smarter.

You increase your vocabulary, patience and attention span.

Much more comes from reading too.

thats the stupidest thing. reading will make you smarter, more intelligent, ect.