Can I adopt in the US yet...and if so how long on average will it take?

I am 25 years old and I have a two year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for seven years and been together for nine. We would really love to adopt a baby boy very soon to balance out our family. Getting pregnant with my daughter took a year of fertility treatments because of my PCOS and we have... show more I am 25 years old and I have a two year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for seven years and been together for nine. We would really love to adopt a baby boy very soon to balance out our family. Getting pregnant with my daughter took a year of fertility treatments because of my PCOS and we have always wanted a big family so we thought we'd go ahead with adoption. I have four sisters and probably 20 girl cousins and my hubby also has a family full of girls so we'd love to introcuce a boy into the family.

Am I elligible? We absolutely want to adopt a newborn. At 25 am I at the right age? And can I adopt a newborn even though I already have a child?

Also my husband and I would be very interested in adopting a bi-racial, African American, or child of another race. We are both Caucasian and we know the sad fact is in this country the Caucasian children are usually the ones adopted first. Would we be able to specify this? Can we specify wanting a little boy of African or some other decent?

And where do I start? I live in Ohio where can I go to get more information?
Update: Also my husband is 24, so a year younger than me. Can we still apply?