What conditions should be set for the bailout of the big 3 domestic auto makers in this country?

Notice, it is only the big 3 in trouble as Toyota, Honda and others building cars in America are quite successful.

If a bailout is forthcoming like the democrats are screaming for, and since they will rule completely, I am sure it will happen, then how about some of these strings for attachment.

Lose the gas guzzlers. No one needs a hummer, 550 horse power mustangs, big heavy cadillacs or anything of the sort.

Fire the current mismanaging execs in that industry. Do not just lessen their bonuses as in the banks and financial institutions bailed out.

Decertify the UAW as no one needs to earn 60./hour while the rest of us with college educations cannot even come close to that. All because you can ban together and hold a company hostage..

Plenty of blame to go around but big unions have chased American companies out of this country, long before NAFTA which Bill Clinton signed into law.

What else? What other ideas do our congressmen and women need to hear from us.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

NO BAILOUT.

THEy make a BAD product the citizens DON'T want...let them go out of business like alll the other BADLY run companies.

If they had produced a car that was goo don gas--or alternative to gas--or cheaper --or better made and cheaper--than Americans wouldn't happily buy other autos.

The only reason Democrats want to bail these creeps out is to get the Union Vote in the Next elections.

Wake Up Americans...

• 1 decade ago

NO MORE UAW and/or NAFTA

We need INDUSTRY.

We need to create new technologies to create new products and we need to keep the manufacturing of these new products inside the US to create jobs and to bring the revenue from those products into this country.

Nothing else can save this country.

The more you tax big bissness, faster they move out of this country.

Credit and liquidity isn't the real problem.

The real problem is solvency. Not enough new money is coming into the US economy to cover the money going out. And as the Federal Reserve pumps out more fiat currency to prop up the banks, the worth of the dollar declines, which means that foreign lenders will not want to loan us any more money, and indeed are trying to get out of the US debt they already hold, because it does not matter how hard Americans work and are taxed if the government is making the dollars worthless.

Continuing the game of just shaking the money back and forth in the hopes that it will grow (or at the lest you can dump the debt on someone else) is not a formula for national prosperity.

A:~)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think we should bail them out. Unions have created these guys that make over $30.00 an hour on an assembly line and the unions have made huge money, yet the cost of cars has become crazy to afford all the costs they have incurred. It needs to end. Lets go back to basics such as stop spending wastefully.

Funny thing is is that the housing crisis sparked the majority of this bailout crap everywhere, yet they have ditched helping to stop the housing crisis and now have resorted to helping other industries- when does it end? I don't see how not addressing the root of the problem will help the problem.

• 1 decade ago

How about no bailout. They will be back in six months asking for another one just like AIG, Freddie and Fannie, etc.

Our government creating more debt and printing money out of thin air is the problem, yet for some reason people don't quite get the big picture even if its very simple to understand.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Better gas milage and anything where my husband would not loose his Job. They supply the big 3. His company is set to close in 6 months. Unless a miracle happens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. They need to make electric cars like the EV's of the 1990's.

2. They must disclose what happened to the EV in the 1990's ("Who Killed the Electric Car?" movie)

3. They must produce electric plug in devices to every gas station. Tax dollars may need to contribute to the profit loss of this act on behalf of the newly transformed electric car producing companies.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No bailout, let the chips fall where they may

I'm always being called a virtual communist and I think its a bad move for the free enterprise system

If they want to help the economy, build a road, fix a bridge

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A long term plan that shows them as a viable company. With their current structure - labor costs, health costs, retiree costs etc they are a sinking group. Failure inevitable.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That this is theft from us and Congress will be impeached for such unConstitutional action?

That is certainly my best idea on the subject.

What a lot of nerve!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Flex fuel cars only. Minimum MPGs, and quality improvement. Better management.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.