Have you known USA wants to invade my country?

United states want to build a radar base in Czech republic and a missile base in Poland (one time, this was planned to be here instead of the radar). The conditions are so unequal that we would have to give away a significant part of our land losing any control over it FOREVER and for almost no price besides a... show more United states want to build a radar base in Czech republic and a missile base in Poland (one time, this was planned to be here instead of the radar). The conditions are so unequal that we would have to give away a significant part of our land losing any control over it FOREVER and for almost no price besides a visa-less travelling into US. (Not that I would want to go there for any reason, but this has been the major attraction for people who agree with this.)

The main thing is that about 70% of Czech population is against, we don't want this system to be built, not in our country, not at all. However, our "democratic" government simply overlooks this. What can we do besides going into streets, protesting??

I am not afraid to call this an invasion. A very similar situation happened in 1968 when our government INVITED Russian troops to occupy our country in order to stop some non-socialistic development. This threw us under their full power for another 20 years. In 1968, we claimed we never want any foreign army to stay in our country... and now it's here again.

My question is whether you have known about this "anti-missile" system and if you have, if they have also told you that much more than one half of us are against (not speaking about all the other European countries which rejected this right in the beginning).

Please read:
http://www.nezakladnam.cz/en/437_10-argu...

And please remember that no missiles are peaceful. In a civilised world, there are other ways to fight international problems than threatening the others by a third world war.
Update: Thank you all very much for your opinions so far. Rubber Cranium: I forgot to mention this was indeed held secret for the citizens. When it began to leak, the national TV reacted by CENSORING the contra campaign and depreciating the actions - like saying "a few drugged anarchists/communists shouted... show more Thank you all very much for your opinions so far.

Rubber Cranium: I forgot to mention this was indeed held secret for the citizens. When it began to leak, the national TV reacted by CENSORING the contra campaign and depreciating the actions - like saying "a few drugged anarchists/communists shouted something" when the reality was that several hundred organized university students went to the centre for half a day and had speeches and media talks (to small TVs and newspapers) and the like.

6.5x.284: Let's see what the new president will be like. I hope very much things will be better, but I don't really believe he would stop this case.

P.S. I can't understand how one can say: "We don't want Russians to stay here, THEREFORE we must invite Americans." Do we always have to be someone's colony?
Update 2: Thank you once more, there is some very interesting discussion here... I really appreciate that no one has posted any hateful comments so far (and that no one has reported on my question for any reason), I was afraid it won't remain so calm and concious. As soon as I get back home, I'll take some more... show more Thank you once more, there is some very interesting discussion here... I really appreciate that no one has posted any hateful comments so far (and that no one has reported on my question for any reason), I was afraid it won't remain so calm and concious.

As soon as I get back home, I'll take some more time to study all your responses in detail. I like to hear out both the sides, even if I reward a Best Answer, it won't be necessarily some that agrees with me. Let's see...

BTW, I'm sorry for a typo in the above dates.
Update 3: Thanks kaksi_guy for your precise histotric overview, it seems to have impressed many. Thanks go also to Rubber Cranium for returning to my question and to the fellow Czech here. Thanks to all who support me and the same to all who oppose, giving me various new points of view on the matter. The discussion is... show more Thanks kaksi_guy for your precise histotric overview, it seems to have impressed many. Thanks go also to Rubber Cranium for returning to my question and to the fellow Czech here.

Thanks to all who support me and the same to all who oppose, giving me various new points of view on the matter. The discussion is really very interesting here, I'll extend the duration.

You are helping me very much.