New poll said the Obama supporters were better informed?..?

New poll said the Obama supporters were better informed about where their candidate stood on issues.

But thats not news to me, i wouldn't be surprised if McCain supporters new more about Obama's policies then they did about McCain's given his campaign didn't prioritize the issues. How accurate do you think this poll is? and if you think it isn't accurate name your source for McCain's policies because during the campaign their wasn't that much on the policies.

A major source for me on Obama policies was the Obama application on iphone (which i still have and indicates most of his plans). N Yes lady friends told me i was a dork but that didn't mean the night was over ;)

not one source? come on.... not even a bad one? wow i came back to this question to post a source but theres so many of them calling me a lier about the poll because they can't come up with a source lol i rest my case....

Favorite Answer

Lol your question is awesome.

Why is it that the only thing the McCain supporters knew about regarding the campaign was Joe The Plumber, socialism and marxism...yet they weren't able to say what McCain would do differently from Bush, they couldn't define socialism, and they didn't even know where marxism came from or what it meant.

All the republicans can go on are talking points. Remember that one McCain commercial where he copied Barack Obama's commercial of him sitting in a chair in a sunlit room? McCain just said "I know how to fix the economy" he didn't elaborate on how specifically he would do it, thats all he said. I was incredibly nauseated after seeing that, how could people even think of electing such an airhead president. If he knew how to fix it, then please tell your idiot friend Bush how to do it cause everytime he speaks the dow plummets. And when I saw Obama's commercial he told me specifically what he would do for me. And if I were an independent it would have been an easy choice.

As if being a P.O.W. automatically gives you the right to be president of the United States...PLEASE!

I'm a senior in high school and we had a school election, which McCain won. However, I do agree a lot of young people are jumping on the Obama bandwagon, which is a sad thing to see. Granted, I do live in Texas so McCain was almost guaranteed a win...

Well, yeah, the Candy Man was promising things left and right (no pun intended.) That doesn't mean he is going to follow through.

Just so you know, Obama has just removed his military policies and his agenda from his official website. Interesting. He wouldn't want to have a reminder of all the "change" he promised still around on the internet... just in case he can't come through.

Just sayin'.

Source(s): to the guy posting below me...LOL, as if being a community organizer, hanging out with terrorists and anti-americans and graduating from college at 33 makes you eligible for the presidency! PLEASE!

dude.........alllllllllllllllllllll I heard coming from Republicans, were attacks on Obama.......Bill Ayers, Rev, Wright......yadda yadda yadda...........not once, did I hear what they would DO, or how that would be BETTER than what Obama was proposing.

They spent wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on the negative stuff..........and a fraction of that effort, explaining THEMSELVES.

In the end........I was as sick of the negativity.....as I was of George Bush. If that's all the republican party is these days.....masters of negative ads...........then they're done.

I doubt that's true.

I am an Obama supporter, though there are some things I disagree with him about. But I weighed what I agreed with and what I disagreed with, and found that Obama still was overall closer to what I believed.

However, I came across a number of individuals who had no idea what his policies were, sometimes assumed McCain's policies were actually Obama's policies, or refused to believe Obama held some policies.

A coworker of mine supported Obama because he believed McCain was for "killing babies." I initially thought he meant that he was against McCain's support of the war in Iraq and was referencing the youth of many of the soldiers who are dying over there; but upon further questioning I established that he thought Obama was the pro-life candidate and that McCain was the pro-choice candidate.

When I corrected his belief, he decided not to vote at all.

And I came across more situations like that than not.

• Jim

The problem with the McCain campaign was they tried the old fashioned tactics of name calling and character assassination...which worked before, but not this time.

Obama ran his entire campaign on the ISSUES and so of course, we Obama supporters were much more educated about the issues than the McCain supporters were. During the campaign, I was a frequent visitor here, and what I saw was just this:

Obama supporters talked about the issues, about change and hope and about people working together.

McCain supporters talked about name calling, finger pointing and untrue or unfounded accusations about Obama.

Are you surprised then, that we Obama supporters were informed about the issues? And concentrated on the issues?

Nonsense.

They think he'll pull the troops out of Iraq, even though his obamablueprintforchange.pdf said specifically he'll ensure the safety of Iraqis in and around Iraq. They think he's pro-freedom even though he voted for the PATRIOT Act reauthorization and to extend the length of time law enforcement can wiretap without a warrant. The ones that don't deny that he wants a Civilian National Security Force think it's just some Peace Corps type thing even though it would be used for national security and he compares it directly to the military. When people ask here why you voted for Obama, the most common answer is simply "change." They don't know anything.

All I saw McCain do was slip further into style and away from substance. His policies seemed to be in bits and pieces. You could sense the desperation.

No you mean Hussein's supporters were lied to. Because we all know everything Hussein Obama says is BS!

By the way, all those promises Obama made during his campaign were just promises. You know that right? Oh wait you don't...you're an Obamabot. Oh well too bad, I guess you'll find out very soon.

ps-those polls are made by the liberal media and they poll about 50 people so I wouldn't rely on them.

• L2

I believe I am better informed of my candidate, he was open and as forthcoming than any of the other candidates, because he was scrutinized the hardest. And now, he is President of the United States for all of his efforts to push as hard as he could to ignore the rhetoric and to answer to my call and to the call of others. He addressed the issues.

Obama & Biden - January 20, 2009 officially. The best vote I could have ever made. Informed is not the half of it.