Can you get life insurance if your already sick?

I have life insurance, and my children have the gerber grow up plan, but my husband doesn't have any and now he's sick.

He's 21 - in case his age matters - he was tested for lymphoblastic leukemia last night - but no results yet. Probably because it's Saturday.

If he ends up having this, can he still be approved by life insurance?

He has a job - they offer health insurance but not life insurance.

Favorite Answer

He may be able to get life insurance.

There are guaranteed acceptance life insurance plans available from some insurance companies that offer guaranteed approval for people of a certain age range. However, the benefits are graded, which means full coverage is not provided until after owning the policy for 1-2 years. And, the premiums may be high.

There are some insurance companies that may provide life insurance, but include exclusions for death resulting from a certain pre-existing condition for which they would not pay out a claim.

Then, there may be other insurers who would consider offering a smaller amount of life insurance protection for a limited term, for instance, maybe 5 or 10 years.

It depends on the insurance company, and the results of your husband's tests.

I wish you and your family the best.

• funaro

Life Insurance For Sick People

• ?

I suggest you to try this site where onel can get rates from different companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=1...

RE :Can you get life insurance if your already sick?

Update: He has a job - they offer health insurance but not life insurance.

5 following 13 answers

You can claim on health insurance because he is too sick to work or something like that. But most likely an insurance company will not accept him for life insurance becuase he has already been diagnosed with a pre-existing condition. If he does, then they will probably charge you veyr expensive premiums.

I hope that your husband is not diagnosed with lymphoblastic leukemia. Good luck to you and your husband.

• car253

I would apply for an insurance policy for him. Ask the agent to put the application as "Non-Bind". That means that you give them no money and they do not cover you. You just go through the process and see what they say.

If the premiums are acceptable to you then you take the policy and if their not you just walk away and say no thanks. And, the insurance company can also walk away and say no thanks.

However, this way you know what your dealing with. Hopefully your husband's ok and the insurance premium would turn out to be ok too.

Go ahead and apply "Non Bind". You have nothing to loose.

I'm not sure, I think that it depends on the treatability of the illness and some of them have like a 5 year survival period that you have to reach before they will insure you, or so I've heard.

I'm sorry he's sick and I hope that it is nothing that serious!

Tell him to get a job, most employers give you 10 grand in life when your hired unless he is to sick to work. But there are companies that will, get it right away Monday morning. With his age you may get away without a physical.

No, he won't. Good luck and if it comes back fine GO get some insurance... You MUST have it before you need it.

Most places will make him get a checkup before they insure him

Compare insuran ce quotes