promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why Are So Many Former Clinton Administration Appointees Finding Jobs With Obama?

Politics have been broken for decades so noted Obama during his campaign correctly.

Why then does he consider past Clinton advisers for top posts?

Bill Clinton repealed the Subversive Activities Control Act which caused the loss of jobs to Red Chinese work forces and placed us in the dire financial straits we face today.

His wife Hilliary is no saint either. She did her law internship under Charles Gary at the time when the then Attorney General of the United States had Gary on the 'Subversive Activities List' and described him as the most 'unamerican' attorney in the USA.

Are ulterior motives begining to surface?

We expect change not more of the same ole games!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Doesn't sound much like change does it? Let's face it, it's not. He also said people who had taken lobbying dollars wouldn't have jobs in his white house. Talk is cheap, politicians are full of it. Perhaps who we should vote for is the people who write the speeches instead of those who delivered them.

A lot of those factory jobs took awhile to take financial impact we don't feel it overnight. It was under Clinton's policies that we lost them. Not to mention it was under Clinton's term that the sub prime mortgages that caused so many problems for our current status took place.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Why do you think the Clinton's have been hanging around in the curtains. You know there is always Ulterior motives when sneaks hang around. Bill Clinton and Hilary is really good at lying to the American people. I don't like either one.

• wdx2bb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They have some experience, and that's pretty important in trying to move a giant bureaucracy like the federal government. It takes a while to know where the furniture should go.

You obviously pick and choose who you want around. If John McCain had won, I don't think he'd be calling Don Rumsfeld about a job.

By the way, I don't know much about Hillary Clinton's internship -- heck, a job is a job -- but I do know that being on John Mitchell's list as being a subversive didn't turn out to be particularly damaging to anyone's career.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure what people thought they were getting with Obama. Change was his mantra, but it is an empty promise. He is as left wing as they come and he will surely drive this country into the ground as he pushes his agenda.

The people that voted him into office think he is one thing and he is quite another. He is a politician, afterall, with some rather questionable associations, and he literally came out of nowhere. I hope these same people that voted for him enjoy the ride, because we are in for one.

The "sheeple" will give me all kinds of thumbs down - I don't care. It is what it is and most won't admit it even if it is staring them in their collective faces.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Clinton = Surplus

Bush = Deficit

Nuff said about that....

The only thing Obama will keep from the Bush years are the people who helped keep the U.S. safe from terrorism but he'll obviously end the torture and the Patriot Act could use ALOT of work.

• 4 years ago

Putting the american subsidiary into receivership temporarily is in no way unprecedented. Clearly such a criminal actor needs to be made accountable. If you or I broke the law, we would find ourselves in jail. If we treat corporations as people, as the law demands (though corporations do NOT deserve this designation), then such a consequence for BP cannot be out of the question.

• jo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

He is surrounding himself with the brightest people he can. President Clinton made the mistake of clearing out everyone from the previous administration and it cost him time. These appointees will be working for President Elect Obama and that changes the rules of the game. It will be his agenda. No doubt about it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama is smooth..he can get Clinton's game plan and rule the earth

• remember in the primaries? obama kept running around saying "We do NOT need another clinton era with the clintons or ANYONE from their administration!"

and whats he do? hires em all!!

what a looser! so much for getting change and "new blood" that he preached about!

Source(s): the major thing that helped clinton was it was the technology boom. the internet started and grew many business's. that had NOTHING to do with clinton. He just got lucky he was president when the internet became mainstream.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the late 90s was the last time we had a functioning government and economy?

Source(s): Bush had his "political capital" - he spent it on stupid things and destroyed this country. Game over.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.