Would it be illegal to require SOCIALIST/MARXIST type of healthcare in USA if people are already dying?

due to governments refusal to extend MEDICARE, other payments to hospitals?

In a particular case that I know it has been demonstrated by insinuations, etc., that government refusal to pay has probably shortened the life of a patient.

If I were to require of government a socialist "fixing" for this horrible situation, would I be considered an enemy of the US?

Favorite Answer

The entire "socialist" label is a ruse. Don't be taken in by it. It's fake, false, silly, and a play on words and fears. SInce hospitals began they have been publicly financed. Throughout the last century, there were only two ways most hospitals could be built- either by religious groups, or by a community government. County Hospitals or Community Hospitals were the norm in many areas, along with Catholic hospitals, Jewish hospitals, etc.

Then came the "managed health care" professional corporations. Few of them have built hospitals, or training colleges, or well, anything else except plush executive suite offices on rolling hills somewhere. Their wealth is made by skimming your health care costs. Their executives golden parachutes, and their stock market lucrative-ness is a testament to the cash they've pulled out of the system that could have gone to equipment, doctors, or lower bills. This is (hopefully) coming to an end as Health might be considered a guarantee in the Constitution. "Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit..." see also the Preamble to the Constitution. It practically calls for shared medical practices: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

If, as I do, you read General Welfare as the well being of the people.

Currently we as Americans pay over $7,000 per capita, every year, for our Health care costs, on average. (Source US Gov't CDC website.) Money we never question, and never trace.

While Health Care company's stocks climb, their management grows rich, and we suffer restrictions on coverages, get declined for services, and are humiliated by a general lack of privacy and a grotesque list of other invasive, demeaning and sometimes life-threatening restrictions, requirements and abuses. Sooner or later, we will throw off this financial tyranny over our very lives, and expect health care to come without Big Business' interference. In short, you are not an enemy of the US, you are just slightly ahead of the curve.

My main problem with govt involvement in my healthcare (& there's too much already. The main reason costs are so high), besides the govt incompetence, is the FORCED use of my taxes to take care of people. It is not my rresponsibilityto help others That's a MORAL decision & shouldnt be a POLITICAL one.