Do coupons expire in the state of california?

I had a customer come into my store yesterday very upset because she said in the state of california coupons do not expire. I told her she must be confused with gift certificates and gift cards, she then got very upset and said I was wrong and that I should take her coupon even tough it was 2 months past its expiration date

• Gravy
    Favorite Answer

Most do. The expiration date usually appears on the face of the coupon.

We may need to check this out in Snopes, but the common feeling is that Coupon expiration dates do not allow the business to get out of honoring the coupon in California due to state law.

• Dan H

Most coupons have an expiration date printed on them. If it doesn't have an expiration date and the company is still in business, see if they will honor it.

Yes, it does indeed sound like she is confused with gift cards. Gift cards have a significant monetary value, so it makes sense that they wouldn't expire. Coupons do not have significant monetary value (1/20 of one cent) and represent a temporary deal.

Source(s): CA resident

Yes they do, it is printed on the back or front side, usually very small...

Source(s): Tried one the other day, EXPIRED!!
  • Smexy

cupons expire everywhere

yeah