Making Brownies! PLEASE HELP.?

I just have the packaged brownies. and i am curious if i can just add peanut butter to it?? or will the peanut butter make it taste bad.

Best Answer

Adding peanut butter to the batter and mixing might not turn out quite right. It would change the consistency of the brownie, and if you don't put enough PB, you might not taste it. I found this recipe for a pb swirl that looks delicious! You "swirl" the peanut butter mixture through the brownie mix with a butter knife so that there's a distinction between the chocolate part and the peanut butter part.

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1/3 cup sugar

4 tablespoons butter, melted

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Line a 13x9 pan with aluminum foil, spraying the bottom of the foil-covered pan with cooking spray.

Prepare peanut butter swirl: using a stand mixer, beat peanut butter, sugar, butter, flour, vanilla, and egg until well blended.

Spread two-thirds of the prepared chocolate brownie batter into the bottom of the pan. Top with 6 large (or 12 small) dollops of peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining 1/3 of brownie batter. With tip of knife, cut and twist through mixtures to create swirled effect.

Bake brownie 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.

You can add peanut butter to it just not alot because that will change the consistancy. If you like peanut butter they won't taste bad.. but for the ratio of batter to peanut butter probably won't make much of a difference in taste

Go ahead, add the peanut butter if u wish to do so. I've made brownies with packaged products a lot in the past and I've always added other ingredients. Good luck!

Yes, you can put peanut butter chunks in it!! go to the supermarket buy a package of peanut butter morsels (in the baking aisle they should have it there) and just add it to the mix then pour on a baking pan and bake!

I wouldn't. If you must have peanut flavor, try swirling some peanut butter chips(Like Reese's) in the batter or/and topping it with some peanut butter chips. You can find them in any store next to the chocolate chips and flaked coconut.

Source(s): My gut

dont add peanut butter. the oils in the peanut butter could really mess up the batter and it probly wont cook well. but its a nice thought! i <3 peanut butter

Straight peanut butter will probably act as a humectant. You'd be better off using chips.

Oh, and throw in ginger. Your eaters will never expect it, but they'll love it.

on the package of brownies there might be a website to the company on line and they might have a recipie if you want to add things to the mix. sometimes when you add peanutbutter or other things to the mix you might have to add extra water or flower.

add peanut butter and orange juice :)

add it if you want.. my wife and i mix peanut butter when we make them.