! How can I cover my TACKY sliding mirror closet doors?!!?

Ok so to sum it up in a nutshell. I just rented an apartment to be close to my new college. The apartment seems to be stuck in the awkward 90's era. The first thing you notice when you walk into my room, are these huge sliding mirror closet doors. It almost covers the entire wall. I really need some tips how to cover this without removing the doors. It is a rental, so whatever I change I have to be able change it back when I move out.

I like modern/vintage/chic style kind of style. The wall color is a light gold and there is white carpet in the room (which I'm not to fond of either.)

Thank you. I liked all of your ideas!

Favorite Answer

Take a fabric that you like and dip in liquid starch and apply like wallpaper. To remove all you have to do is spray with water and then clean the mirrors.

Source(s): used this method for walls in many rentals

Ok, now I feel like a total dork. We just built our house, and I had mirror closet doors installed!!! Anyway..... Here's my thoughts: What if you put some of that window cover up on the mirrors? You know the stuff that still lets light in but keeps others from seeing in... You can get it kind of shimmery or plain. If you don't like the way it looks on the mirrors, you can paint chic colors or decorate any way you like right on the stuff. Then when it's time to move, you can just peel it off.

Ok, now I feel like a total dork. We just built our house, and I had mirror closet doors installed!!! Anyway..... Here's my thoughts:

What if you put some of that window cover up on the mirrors? You know the stuff that still lets light in but keeps others from seeing in... You can get it kind of shimmery or plain. If you don't like the way it looks on the mirrors, you can paint chic colors or decorate any way you like right on the stuff. Then when it's time to move, you can just peel it off.

Check with your landlord before you do anything. He/she might be willing to let you paint the room. If the carpet is in good condition I don't think there's too much you can do about getting that replaced. An area rug or smaller runners might offset it. If the doors are the older style solid mirror and not wood doors with mirrors attached, you could apply a latex paint on them (it will scrape off when you need to remove it). If they are wooden doors with mirrors attached they can be removed and slid under your bed for safe keeping.

• dmlm

Use two sided velcro tape to attach a nice piece of fabric over the doors. If they are as large as they sound, a rod will be quite expensive. To hem the fabric w/o sewing, use hem tape.

Tons of cool wallpapers out there. Try that.

Source(s): Self

take a sheet of fabric, and staple it to the mirorr.