! How can I cover my TACKY sliding mirror closet doors?!!?

Ok so to sum it up in a nutshell. I just rented an apartment to be close to my new college. The apartment seems to be stuck in the awkward 90's era. The first thing you notice when you walk into my room, are these huge sliding mirror closet doors. It almost covers the entire wall. I really need some tips how to... show more Ok so to sum it up in a nutshell. I just rented an apartment to be close to my new college. The apartment seems to be stuck in the awkward 90's era. The first thing you notice when you walk into my room, are these huge sliding mirror closet doors. It almost covers the entire wall. I really need some tips how to cover this without removing the doors. It is a rental, so whatever I change I have to be able change it back when I move out.

I like modern/vintage/chic style kind of style. The wall color is a light gold and there is white carpet in the room (which I'm not to fond of either.)
Update: Thank you. I liked all of your ideas!