Astrology time zone ?

the time zone for malaysia is +8 but in the astrology software they use -8 can i know why ? i can understand if its +7 or +6 but this is completely different which is -8 ? -8 supposed to represent USA and west right ? +8 and all supposed to represent china and malaysia and all right ? Is the software wrong ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This situation is confusing as both - 8 and + 8 can be correct depending on what you're doing. Malaysian time is 8 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). So if you subtract 8 hours from Malaysian time, you get GMT. So Malaysian time minus 8 hours = GMT. On the other hand, if you add 8 hours to GMT you get Malaysian time. GMT + 8 hours = Malaysian time. Your astrology software and mine are subtracting the local time to get to GMT, because all the planetary positions etc are calculated for GMT. Your software is fine.

Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Um dude....you have to base them zone zone with 0 deg greenwich and stuff. i read this somwehere so hope you ain't get mad if I make sum mistake

.... Um, if you "R" west of greenwich, you are plus hours aways cuz the sun ain't there there and ...er...it will take that long b4 it gets there .

....and if you are south and stuff, than it's minus cuz the sun already past there.

....krappers...hope this makes sense darn it. I aint an astronomer.

Source(s): Aquarius - love space ships LOL -
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.