Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesGMC · 1 decade ago

Cadillac cts or ford fusion?

Im buying my first car and am debating between a used 2004 cadillac cts and a 2008 ford fusion. They are the same price and have similar mileage, both are V6's, which is the smarter choice?

Best Answer

The Cadillac!

Cadillacs have always been status symbols and still are. If you require everyone at the country club to see your new car, get the Caddy. Although a base CTS is near fully loaded Fusion price territory, the Ford is an excellent value. At present, Ford is releasing a hybrid version of the Fusion good for 41 mpg city. That is definitely worth looking at. I love Cadillacs, but for the money, I'd buy the Fusion. For those down on American cars...I wish that people would stop saying that Ford means 'fix or repair daily'...that's the oldest joke in the book and has nothing to do with reality. I've owned and sold Fords and all have been reasonable, economical, reliable cars. When people start realizing that they have to do maintenance on a car and not use it like an appliance, maybe then the attitude will change. My apologies for the extraneous rant.

Don't let the people bad mouthing Ford or the Fusion sway your decision. I've owned a 2007 V6 SEL Fusion for a year and a half now and it has been an excellent car in every way. Zero Defects.

Still, considering both have the same mileage, I am surprised that they are the same price. I would imagine the CTS is a much nicer car overall.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't let unreasonable fear take the Fusion out of contention. They are very well built cars. Make your decision based on the benefits of each car.

Good luck.

The CTS is definitely more fun to drive. The Fusion is a better everyday car that gets the job done. It really depends on your needs. If you want performance, go with the CTS. If all you need is a car to get you from place to place with not many problems the Fusion is a better choice. As for the CTS being rear wheel drive for the winter, it really isn't that bad. It still has all the stability systems and should perform just as well as a front wheel drive car, so long as the roads are mostly clear.

Cadillac fo sho! The Ford Fusion is nice but ya know, it just doesn't have the cadillac name and reputation!

Cadillac. Regardless of what this guy says, it is a reliable and nice car...and Fusion is not a good car unlike what he thinks. I would take the Caddy. Definately smarter choice.

Source(s): Auto Sales and Repair Business Owner Mechanic

DON'T BUY THE FUSION!!! But the only downside with the cadillac is that it is rear wheel drive. Where in from you cant get to far in rear wheel drive in the winter. But the fusions are junk. A relative of mine has one and she has had nothing but problems with it.

the cadillac is a nicer car, that is the online plus side. it is very unreliable and will likely have more problems. get the fusion its a nice car as well and will give you less problems.

FORDS SUCK!!! buy the cadillac.