Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Can an adult be put in juvenile detention?

I understand that sometimes juveniles(under 18)can be put in adult jail. Well is it possible for an adult to be put in juvenile detention, or juvenile jail, whatever you want to call it? And I'm talking about a 19 year old adult.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No.

• 3 years ago

you would be waiting to press rates for working away, attempt calling the police(who will continually drag her back if she runs away) i'm undecided you want to nevertheless. She is 11, do you easily need to place her with youthful drug addicts, youthful females and adult adult males people with records of attack or different serious crimes(the juvenile justice device tries to keep away from locking little ones up till it is honestly needed). in case you incredibly think of it is all you're able to do then bypass forward, yet endure in concepts she would be waiting to be with some exceedingly undesirable impacts if she is admitted. If she would be waiting to no longer help around the homestead and is stealing you could evaluate stripping her of luxuries, lock the doorways to all pointless rooms, which is composed of her mattress room, and don't supply her the significant. enable her sleep on the instructor till she decides to start assisting with the homestead. Or touch her pediatrician or a police officer for concepts.

• 1 decade ago

No. At 18 youre and adult and you go to adult jail

• 1 decade ago

No, they won't put an adult with children, even if the age is close.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, then all of the molesters would request it everytime they got sent to jail.

• 1 decade ago

no.

as soon as you turn 18 you're an adult and will always be tried as such.

• 1 decade ago

no. an adult would go to an adult prison.

• 1 decade ago

No. They would go to jail.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

doubt it they usually put them with the big guys

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No

• 1 decade ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.