what driving school did you learn to drive with?

would you recommend the driving school?

[in the uk]

Best Answer

I learnt with 2 driving schools. After more than 30 lessons with a local (self employed) driving instructor, i decided to change as he said i wasn't ready for my test. I switched to BSM and my test was booked after my first lesson with them. I was lucky enough to pass 1st time cos BSM have really good and competent instructors. Also, BSM now have simulators to assess your initial driving skill (if you're not confident enough) and if you've never had any lessons before, i would recommend trying a simulated car first (all the controls are the same as a real car)

At first I went with BSM but they kept cancelling my lessons on and off and the instructors kept teaching me the same things over and over again to get more money out of me, so I moved on to Fastrack driving school and they were cheaper and I had a great instructor who didn't con me and taught me the things that I needed to work on. So I would recommend them but it is all down to whether you get a good instructor at the end of the day, avoid AA and BSM they are con artists!

Source(s): Passed test 1st time with Fastrack in 2006.

BSM in 1970 in a Triumph Herald! Took ten one hour lessons. Wouldn't stand a chance of doing it like that these days.

It's not the school that matters, it's the instructor - all schools have good and bad instructor - best to go by recommendation.

Source(s): ADI

a run of the mill cheap one, took me 25 1 hour lessons to pass, i was 38 when i passed. not knocking BSM or the likes, but if you find a good driving school by recommendation, go for it, wish i could recommend the school i went with,, but he was a two man operation.. probable dead by now, was ancient then., hey theirs a clue,, go for elderly teachers,, their better

All of them! Took me ages as I kept bottling the test!

The AA were ok but pricey. The BSM man was a perv (I won't go into it but he was a real creep!!). If you don't think your instructor is any good, ask for a different one as I had lots of crap ones, then eventually passed after 3 lessons with a really good one!

Good luck!

• Lo

I would recommend learning with an independent instructor, companies like AA & BSM don't have a reputation to uphold like independents.

Glenn Brown of Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

He was an arrogant sod, but his pass rate was 90% in the 1980's.

I thought he was great.

I learnt to drive years and years ago, i'm so old, the memory is fading and i cant remember. All i know is that it was the most frightening experience of my life. Good lukc to all new drivers

We had to take drivers education in high school. We learned on simulators.

It was 39 years ago and I really can't remember. I am sure they have either gone out of business or died.