Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

What is SARS????????????????????????

I'm doing a project for SARS and i need to know what it is.

Can u guys help me?

Thank You

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a respiratory disease in humans which is caused by the SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV).[1] There has been one near pandemic to date, between November 2002 and July 2003, with 8,096 known infected cases and 774 deaths (a case-fatality rate of 9.6%) worldwide being listed in the World Health Organization's (WHO) 21 April 2004 concluding report.[2]

Mortality by age group as of 8 May 2003 is below 1 percent for people aged 24 or younger, 6 percent for those 25 to 44, 15 percent in those 45 to 64 and more than 50 percent for those over 65.[3] For comparison, the case fatality rate for influenza is usually around 0.6 percent (primarily among the elderly) but can rise as high as 33 percent in locally severe epidemics of new strains. The mortality rate of the primary viral pneumonia form is about 70 percent.

• 1 decade ago

Part of doing a project is the research. Do the research yourself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just doesn't make sense to post an encyclopedia question like this -

then have someone do a google for you, cut and paste the text.

research like this is SO easy, with computers.

g. ... o ..... o .... g ....l .... e

you can type it yourself if you try

you'll learn a lot by doing your own reading

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think that SARS is a sort of search engine. but look it up first because im not ferr sure about this.

• 1 decade ago

Google it.

I'm sure you can find PLENTY of information.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.