Hey can you do my High School Physics homework?

My Physics teacher has out done himself, he managed to make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO ME, usually I get what he's talking about through his THICK Greek accent but this time.. Anyway I need to do this homework so yeah could you do it and then explain why so maybe I'll understand?

(4 Questions, multiple choice, explain your answer)

1Which factor, when doubled would produce the greatest change in the magnitude of the centripetal force acting on the cart?

A.Mass of the cart

B.Radius of curvature of the path

C. Velocity of the cart

D. Weight of the cart

2. As the time taken for a car to make one lap around a circular track decreases, the centripetal acceleration of the car...

A. Decreases

B. Increases

C. Remains the same

3. Which best describes the tangential acceleration of a cart moving at a constant speed in a horizontal circle?

A. 0.0m/s^2

B. 9.8m/s^2

C. Constant and directed radially toward the center of the curvature

D. Constant and directed radially away from the center of curvature

4.Which best describes the centripetal acceleration of a ball of mass m moving at constant speed v in a horizontal circular path or radius r?

A. Zero

B. Constant in direction, but changing in magnitude

C. Constant in magnitude, but changing in direction

D. Changing in both magnitude and direction

My teacher demands explanations with each answer so he KNOWS you didn't copy from someone else so please explain (this will also help me understand it)

• Texas
    Favorite Answer

1)

Centripetal acceleration: a=v^2 / R.

Resulting force F=ma.

what is the biggest effect of doubling something? Velocity is squared, nothing else is squared. This means double the velocity would produce 4 times the force.

2)

For lap time to come down, velocity has to go up.

when velocity goes up the centripetal acceleration goes up

Centripetal acceleration: a=v^2 / R.

3)

When there is uniform circular motion... constant speed, then tangental acceleration = 0.0

4)

if the ball is moving at a constant speed, then the magnitude of the acceleration is constant.

but the ball moves in a circle, and the regardless of where on the circle the ball is, the acceleration is "centripetal" toward the center of the circle, so the direction changes as it moves.

1. C

Centripetal Force Calculation

Centripetal force = mass x velocity2 / radius

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/HBASE/cf.html...

2. C

The centripetal acceleration expression is obtained from analysis of constant speed circular motion.

3. D

4. C

This is the best I could do... I'm sure 1 and 2 are correct. and I THINK 3 and 4 are.

Click on the hyper links in the link I posted below. It has fill in the blank formulas that will do the calculations for you and it gives good explanations. Good luck... seriously read your book. I know it sucks but you've gotta. Get a good study partner and break it up between the 2 of you.

Physics is annoying and neat at the same time.

asdxzac

I don't meant to be a dick, but you should really be figuring this out on your own. If it's this much that you don't get, you should be staying after class learning it.

1- A

2- A

3- B

4- C

NO do your own work

no pain

no gain

asdqwd

i remember physics my senior year... omg it was a dread, and there's no way im gonna do it for you!! you gotta do it to learn it! do it yourself.

somebody is cheating

We CAN but will we?